Who’s drinking the jump-off juice? It’s like Bebe’s kids have been reinvented – jump-off’s don’t die; they multiply! Every time you turn on the news lately, another high-profile cheating scandal is being revealed – Tiger, Tiki Barber, Shaq, Steven Seagal, and even Larry “old azz” King!
While I realize that infidelity has been around since the beginning of time, I have to say that with the onslaught of all the revelations in the media, particularly about cheating men, my faith in an honest-to-goodness faithful man is fading. I know they exist, but what does is take for them be or become faithful?
Most recently, we heard about the husband of actress/model Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, best known from the show, “NYPD Blue” and as Fancy from “The Jamie Foxx Show,” who put her husband’s indiscretions on blast. Now, she’s a beautiful woman who’s got her model body back after twins. When the successful, fit and fine can’t keep her man home – a white man, in this case, which eliminates the idea that a man other than a brother will definitely treat you better – all I can ask is this: What does it really take for a man to be faithful?
What we know for sure is that no matter what changes a woman takes herself through – praying, working out, cooking, cleaning, sex (freaky and often), having children, giving him your all and more – none of these things are guaranteed to keep your man home. Why?
I used to think that if I could just find a man who loves the Lord, then his morals and priorities would be intact; he’d be guided by God and, for that reason, I could trust him. Unfortunately, there are too many testimonies that prove that’s not foolproof either.
I asked a good friend of mine, who’s been married for 30 years, about this. He’s had his own challenges in his relationship, but they’re still together. So I asked, “What does it take to for a man to be faithful?” His response: Getting caught!
Really, seriously, and for how long?
The character and commitment of an individual must come from within. So I need to hear from some men who are getting it done faithfully with one woman. Enlighten us.
Are we women deceiving ourselves? Is it unrealistic or unnatural to expect a man, with all these jump-off options, to actually be loving and faithful to only one?
What about if you’re not married yet? Should you expect a person that you’re dating seriously to be faithful before marriage? For those that say no, then are you setting yourself or someone else up for failure? Let’s talk about it.
One thing is for sure: Men generally exercise their options, whereas women get their eyes locked in on one man, and that’s all they can focus on. Is it time for women to start playing the field more? Do we need to keep a team of players on the bench and, as they come up to bat, see who can hit the home run? Are we choosing the best man, as opposed to the man that’s just there?
Most grown women who are trying to build something with someone don’t want to go through all that. I submit that we’re less interested in playing games, and we’d rather close the deal. But maybe it’s time to try a new tactic. If men want to play games, then line them up and play ball. See who scores.
Now, the only challenge with that is often, even after a man does what he needs to do in order to win a woman’s heart, it seems like after the chase and challenge is over, once she’s given into love, that’s when he retreats. Gentlemen, is it all about the chase? What gives?
What satisfies you? When is enough enough?
Deya “Direct” Smith, is a producer on the Tom Joyner Morning Show and host of Girlfriend FM and Beyond the Studio celebrity interviews on BlackAmericaWeb.com. She is also a motivational speaker, actress and social commentator. She can be reached at DeyaDirect@aol.com.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30