Who’s drinking the jump-off juice? It’s like Bebe’s kids have been reinvented – jump-off’s don’t die; they multiply! Every time you turn on the news lately, another high-profile cheating scandal is being revealed – Tiger, Tiki Barber, Shaq, Steven Seagal, and even Larry “old azz” King!
While I realize that infidelity has been around since the beginning of time, I have to say that with the onslaught of all the revelations in the media, particularly about cheating men, my faith in an honest-to-goodness faithful man is fading. I know they exist, but what does is take for them be or become faithful?
Most recently, we heard about the husband of actress/model Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, best known from the show, “NYPD Blue” and as Fancy from “The Jamie Foxx Show,” who put her husband’s indiscretions on blast. Now, she’s a beautiful woman who’s got her model body back after twins. When the successful, fit and fine can’t keep her man home – a white man, in this case, which eliminates the idea that a man other than a brother will definitely treat you better – all I can ask is this: What does it really take for a man to be faithful?
What we know for sure is that no matter what changes a woman takes herself through – praying, working out, cooking, cleaning, sex (freaky and often), having children, giving him your all and more – none of these things are guaranteed to keep your man home. Why?
I used to think that if I could just find a man who loves the Lord, then his morals and priorities would be intact; he’d be guided by God and, for that reason, I could trust him. Unfortunately, there are too many testimonies that prove that’s not foolproof either.
I asked a good friend of mine, who’s been married for 30 years, about this. He’s had his own challenges in his relationship, but they’re still together. So I asked, “What does it take to for a man to be faithful?” His response: Getting caught!
Really, seriously, and for how long?
The character and commitment of an individual must come from within. So I need to hear from some men who are getting it done faithfully with one woman. Enlighten us.
Are we women deceiving ourselves? Is it unrealistic or unnatural to expect a man, with all these jump-off options, to actually be loving and faithful to only one?
What about if you’re not married yet? Should you expect a person that you’re dating seriously to be faithful before marriage? For those that say no, then are you setting yourself or someone else up for failure? Let’s talk about it.
One thing is for sure: Men generally exercise their options, whereas women get their eyes locked in on one man, and that’s all they can focus on. Is it time for women to start playing the field more? Do we need to keep a team of players on the bench and, as they come up to bat, see who can hit the home run? Are we choosing the best man, as opposed to the man that’s just there?
Most grown women who are trying to build something with someone don’t want to go through all that. I submit that we’re less interested in playing games, and we’d rather close the deal. But maybe it’s time to try a new tactic. If men want to play games, then line them up and play ball. See who scores.
Now, the only challenge with that is often, even after a man does what he needs to do in order to win a woman’s heart, it seems like after the chase and challenge is over, once she’s given into love, that’s when he retreats. Gentlemen, is it all about the chase? What gives?
What satisfies you? When is enough enough?
Deya “Direct” Smith, is a producer on the Tom Joyner Morning Show and host of Girlfriend FM and Beyond the Studio celebrity interviews on BlackAmericaWeb.com. She is also a motivational speaker, actress and social commentator. She can be reached at DeyaDirect@aol.com.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31