I have been tuning into Money Mondays since the New Year and find your tips useful and very easy to understand. A few of your segments touched upon investing, which sparked my interest to learn more. How do I begin educating myself? – Monique, Jacksonville, FL
First, thank you for the positive feedback. I am delighted that you find the tips useful. The best way for Monique to educate herself on investing is by hitting the books! And what better summer past-time is there than reading?
That said, the thought of reading books with business and investing focuses may sound daunting, but it does not have to be. In fact, you might be surprised to learn how many fascinating books – real page turners – exist that offer valuable insights, regardless of your business or investing experience. I’ll start by talking about four books with an investment focus.
1. “A Random Walk Down Wall Street,” by Burton Malkiel. This terrific read provides a great foundation for those new to investing. Whether you plan to manage your own investments or work with a financial advisor, this book teaches the fundamentals of evaluating a wide range of investments, from stocks and bonds to real estate and collectibles.
2. “Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist,” by Warren Buffett. Warren Buffett also known as the “Oracle of Omaha,” is one of the greatest investors of our time! His book gives you the inside scoop on who he is professionally and personally. Specifically, the reader learns valuable insights on his investment philosophy and who he is as a person – from his early career, his marriage and philosophy on child rearing.
3. “One Up on Wall Street,” by Peter Lynch. Lynch, another superstar investor, employs an investment approach similar to Warren Buffett. In this book, Lynch provides his perspective on how he built a tremendous track record as the portfolio manager of Fidelity’s multibillion-dollar Magellan Fund. Additionally, you will learn about his investment philosophy, which is based on the idea that people can reap significant rewards by investing in companies with easy-to-understand products that are encountered in everyday life.
4. “Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap … and Others Don’t,” by Jim Collins. This book reads like an investor’s road map. Collins does an incredible job of identifying and explaining the elements that take a company from, as the title implies, good to great. Most importantly, he talks about two things: Leadership quality and focus, which happen to be criteria that Ariel’s investment teams consider when evaluating companies for its portfolios.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30