I’m just a D.J. who has a few observations about things outside of my realm of playing the hits. And one thing I’ve observed over the years is that the more sophisticated we get with technology, the more we open ourselves up for trouble … especially when it comes to relationships. If you happened to meet someone, date and get married all before the technological evolution that’s taken place the last 20 years, consider yourself lucky. Before the Internet, cell phones and even answering machines – and way before texting, Facebook and Twitter, you met someone, got there sole phone number, and that was it. Your biggest worry was whether or not she gave you the wrong digits; a tip off was if there were six numbers instead of seven. Oh, I’m the only one that was tricked that way? Anyway, now everyone has multiple phones, multiple numbers, multiple e-mail addresses and multiple “friends” and “followers.” It didn’t take long at all for people to begin to find that their relationships at home and on the job have been placed in jeopardy because of a syndrome I call TDMC — for Too Damn Much Communicating.
The more opportunities you have to communicate, the more opportunities you have to screw up. Simple things that would damage your relationships a little bit are multiplied greatly when something intended for the eyes of one person is seen by the eyes of 50 people – or worse, one wrong person. It happens every day. In fact, I know a lot of people who long for the days of the pay phone. Oh, sure, it was inconvenient and didn’t leave room for much privacy, but it’s really all some of you can handle. You’re operating in a high-tech world with low-tech capabilities, and you’re getting busted, fired and embarrassed every time you turn around. Today on the big show, Usher’s soon-to-be-ex-wife Tameka Foster’s Twitter-gone-wrong inspired us to look at how TDMC has caused you a problem. We want to know: What happened when you sent the wrong e-mail or text? (Um, Kwame, no need for you to respond, we know what happened to you!) And check out the For Real For Real Poll too. Holla at me on Facebook, Twitter or, as always, text me at OhOhOh (646464). And, oh yeah, make sure you’re intending to send the text to The Fly Jock.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25