Before They Were Stars: Celebrity First Jobs I
18 photos Launch gallery
1. Chris Rock Worked at Red Lobster.
1 of 18
2. Mariah Carey swept up hair at a salon (lasted one day)
2 of 18
3. Eva Mendes once sold hot dogs at Glendale Galleria Mall in California
3 of 18
4. Whoopi Goldberg worked as a bricklayer and a funeral home cosmetician.
4 of 18
5. Colin Powell, worked at a local Orthodox synagogue turning the lights on and off
5 of 18
6. Denzel Washington worked at a barbershop, brushing hair off customer's collars.
6 of 18
7. Naomi Campbell's first job was in a Bob Marley video when she was seven.
7 of 18
8. Ashanti worked at a daycare center.
8 of 18
9. Queen Latifah worked at Burger King when she was 15.
9 of 18
10. Sean Combs was an intern at Uptown Records. He washed cars and fetched coffee.
10 of 18
11. Macy Gray once worked at McDonald's and later did a commercial for them.
11 of 18
12. Jennifer Lopez worked at a law office.
12 of 18
13. Jennifer Hudson also worked at Burger King and later as a singer on a Ship.
13 of 18
14. Kanye West worked at the Gap.
14 of 18
15. Dwayne Wade worked at a KFC in high school
15 of 18
16. Nick Cannon worked at Wienerschnitzel in the drive thru.
16 of 18
17. Russell Simmons said the only 9-to-5 job he's ever held was at an Orange Julius
17 of 18
18. Leona Lewis was a receptionist before winning The X Factor .
18 of 18