Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- Urban One Inc. Announces Launch of The Urban One Podcast Network
- Jordan Brand Earned Nike $19B Of Which Michael Jordan Only Gets 5%
- A Brief History Of Club And House Music
- Tye Tribbett’s “New” Is Number One On Billboard’s Gospel Air Play Chart (Week of February 4, 2023)
- Memphis Police Disband Controversial SCORPION Unit
- Justine Skye Gives Us Style Goals In A Christopher Esber Gown
- Fans Are Swooning Over Eric Kofi-Abrefa And We Can’t Blame Them!
- Eddie Murphy Argues That Donkey Needs His Own Film In ‘Shrek’ Franchise
- Jerroll Sanders, Phillip Smith & Rev. Edward Pickney l The Carl Nelson Show
- RIP Anthony Lowe: Video Shows LA Cops Chasing Black Man With Amputated Legs Before Shooting Him To Death
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture For Real was originally published on wzakcleveland.com