Texas mother is speaking out about the injustice she believes she endured at her daughter’s high school over the attire she wore on the premises.

Joselyn Lewis wore a headscarf and a Marilyn Monroe t-shirt dress to Madison High School to enroll her 15-year-old daughter, But, when an administrator wouldn’t allow her on the property, the mother took to the media to put ’em on blast, PEOPLE reports.

“She went on to say that she still couldn’t let me on the premises because I was not in dress code and I still didn’t understand what that meant,” Lewis told Houston NBC affiliate KPRC.

“She said that my headscarf was out of dress code and my dress was too short.”

Lewis explained to the outlet that she accompanied her 15-year-old daughter to Madison High School Monday morning to help her enroll after the teen had previously been bullied at Lamar High School, the report states.

“When I went to Lamar, I had no problems, but when I got to Madison High School, they refused me access to the premises because of what I had on,” she told KPRC. “I mean, I didn’t understand why my headscarf and my dress would conflict with me enrolling someone in school.”

When she asked to see the parent dress code policy, the school came up dry and ultimately called the cops on Lewis when she refused to leave the premises.

“They called them on me and I guess he was coming to tell me to leave, but I was already on the phone with the school board,” she said, adding: “I can wear what I want to wear.”

“I don’t have to get all dolled up to enroll her to school. My child’s education, anyone’s child’s education, should be more important than what someone has on. That shouldn’t matter.”

Scroll up and watch the video report above.

One and Done: Celebrity Moms with One Child

HEAD BACK TO THE BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM HOMEPAGE

34 thoughts on “Texas Mother Wearing Only A Headscarf And Marilyn Monroe T-Shirt Wasn’t Allowed To Enroll Daughter In School [Video]

1. You not only embarassed yourself but your daughter, have some self respect you looked like you just crawled out of bed. DAMN get with the program, I wouldn’t have let you in my school either.

2. African American Woman on said:

Awwww.Passing Through’s widdle feelings got hurt. Its ok, I understand. Its been proven that people with low educational attainment use the only words they can spell. Just get your GED on line and you’ll notice a great improvement in your vocabulary.

3. Butter Pecan on said:

Respect AAW. Keep preaching the truth. Some will never see the light because they come from generations of victims. Passing Thru is a hood rat that will never take responsibility for her actions, because her baby mama didn’t, and neither did grandma hair hat. Gentrification has come to BAW, and we taking out the trash

4. You people complain what this woman was wearing and you don’t even know her circumstances. This might have been the only thing available she had to wear, She might have just gotten it from a dumpster, we don’t know.

5. MariAnne Bolton on said:

Why a “Marilyn Monroe” picture? Couldn’t she find a decent Black woman’s picture to honor? She should be teaching her daughter that, yes, it’s Ok to love others, but it’s important to love YOURSELF, first.

• African American Woman on said:

So you rather this fool further disgrace black women? How about being a positive example for our young black ladies and dress like you have some sense…wouldn’t that be a more sensible solution?

• Passing Through!! on said:

@AFRICOON WOMAN….She’s only a disgraces to ALL black women in the eyes of a racist like you who already believe black women ain’t s**t and will always judge the black race by the actions of one individual.

• Phoenix Rising on said:

@PT…True dat! While I think she shouldn’t have worn it, I agree with your comments about (fake) AAW. Always acting like (he/she/it) is the righteous morale authority for all people on this site.

• Passing Through!! on said:

@Phoenix…She/he is a racist impostor pretending to be black, notice she only attacks every thing black, she never attacks the other racist who post on this site.

• African American Woman on said:

Soooo point out where I attacked black folks…let me guess, ya can’t. If wanting better for my people makes me a white racist, then accepting any old rachet, no class behavior makes you a self-loathing, self-hating fool who expects little from the same race you claim you are…perhaps that makes you the white racist…hmmm

• African American Woman on said:

I always find it hilarious how you get triggered when you can’t come up with an intelligent rebuttal…ahhh, the small mind of the sheep is a funny thing.

• African American Woman on said:

Lol lol lol! You’re getting worse! And don’t be a punk; its spelled Bitch.

• Passing Through!! on said:

Lol! Dumb bytch I know it’s spelled bitch! So let me repeat..Bitch you’re a racist, fake ass impostor pretending to be black!

6. Phoenix Rising on said:

It’s a thigh-high t-shirt, which is probably raised up a little in the back due to her derriere. Really unacceptable to wear when trying to register a child for school. She’s not at all at a respectable mom level.

7. Passing Through!! on said:

@TED….Now the mom needs to take that white ho’s face off her shirt
    ******
    LOL!…LOL! That caught my eye too. I agree mom could have dressed better or at least put on some leggings or sweatpants underneath, but she was covered showing no cleavage and her dress or shirt was at knee length. I bet if she had a MEGA shirt or red cap on the racist would have let her register her daughter.

8. stephanie on said:

Unfortunately this mom has no respect for herself or her daughter, embarrassing her daughter like that, just trifling.

9. Folks simply have no DECENCY these days.

Obviously, the mother saw nothing inappropriate about the attire she chose to wear to enroll her kid in school.

Parents are SUPPOSED to set positive examples for their kids. Not in this case!!!!!!!!

10. Ted Gravely on said:

Texas. Texas. We’re talking about Texas. You can screw your dog or cow in Texas – nary a negative word. Bestiality is legal., but at a publicly funded school they cry out cause a mom has on a short T-shirt dress. Got to love these white devils. There was no hate speech or inappropriate graphics or language, but this black woman will be called every name but a child of The Most High. Her outfit might be tacky to some, but she is clothed. If there is no parent dress code, they should have let her register her child and this summer drafted a dress code. Now the mom needs to take that white ho’s face off her shirt. If her child was bullied at one school, she’s not off to a good start at this one. Having said that – she is cute. I digress. Come on mom – do better.

• African American Woman on said:

And the most ass backward phenomenon goes to the resident sheep. The usual “the white man is out to get me whiners” are ok supporting the most classless amongst us, which shows they expect nothing from the same people they claim to love so much. As a black woman and a mother AND a self-respecting adult human being; a desperate and narcissistic grab for attention at the expense of your innocent child is as selfish, low-down and trifling thing one can do; race notwithstanding. This ratchet fool deliberately donned this get up knowing that she would get a negative reaction and used it to get her 2 minutes of fame. Pathetic…well, if this is ok for an institution of learning and a place where our children desperately need positive role models; tell this fool, if she even works, to show up at the job like this. I bet her choice of outfit will quickly change because the loss of income is way more important then some ghetto nonsensical grab for attention. Raise the standards people.

11. We used to get parents dressed like this all the time at the Pre-School I used to work security at. As soon as the warm weather comes out, last year’s fashion disasters come with it. I would just like to add that I am pretty sure that Marilyn Monroe dress is actually just a long woman’s Tee and it is clearly very see through as you can clearly see where her thighs touch through the dress. School is supposed to be a place that prepares your kids for success, so try to show a little class when you come in instead of showing up in your pajamas or your comfies.
    ====
    … ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ 𝟿𝟻 ʙᴜᴄᴋs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴏᴜʀ Read More

12. They shouldn’t have let this classless fool on the premises. What happened to decency and self-respect? What about your daughter? Have people accepted ghetto-ness, immaturity and stupidity as the norm? So she wants two seconds of attention and this is how she gets it? Are people getting dumber or are they just better at showing it?