Oprah Winfrey sat down with “Daily Show” host Trevor Noah and discussed the backlash she faced over her support of HBO’s Michael Jackson documentary series “Leaving Neverland.”

The doc features testimony from Wade Robson and James Safechuck who both allege Jackson molested them when they were children.

“When I first saw that documentary, I realized a lot of people were going to get triggered watching it, and that a lot of people will not understand what the pattern is,” Oprah told Noah. “Because I had done 217 shows [on The Oprah Winfrey Show] trying to get people to understand that it’s not about one person, it’s about the pattern, it’s about the seduction. People called it molestation but there is a big seducing that goes on and the pattern of that seducing. And that was important enough to me to take the hateration.”

Noah asked whether Oprah had ever wavered in her beliefs after the documentary’s director admitted that are discrepancies in one of the accuser’s stories.

“I have not wavered,” she responded. “You know why I have not wavered? I’ve had girls at my school who were sexually assaulted and abused. And I have never won a case, and the reason I have never won a case is because when you put a girl on the witness stand and she can’t remember if it was Thursday or Wednesday, it’s automatically discredited. When you’re in the midst of trauma, you may not remember the exact time.”

She noted that when a victim is unable to remember certain details about the timeline of alleged assault then “everyone’s like ‘well, okay, I guess it never happened.’ I’ve been through that, so, no.”

Jackson defenders accused Oprah of not presenting a fair balance of both sides of the story during a interview with the alleged victims.

“After the attention is no longer on this film, this is something I will be dealing with for the rest of my life,” Safechuck told Oprah during that interview. “Forgiveness is not a line that you cross-it’s a road that you take.”

Oprah! Here Are 20 of Our Favorite “O” Moments

HEAD BACK TO THE BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM HOMEPAGE

23 thoughts on “Oprah Says She Never Wavered In Support Of Michael Jackson’s Accusers

1. Amber on said:

AMAZING A MAN CAN HAVE FBI INVESTIGATE FOR 10 YEARS; A GRUESOME FIVE MONTH TRIAL;2 TOUGH DISTRICT ATTORNEYS;THREE SURPRISE HOME RAIDS;A BODY SEARCH THAT DID NOT MATCH-PROVEN TO NOT MATCH THAT WHY THE PICTURES WERE NEVER BROUGHT TO COURT;THREE DFACS INVESTIGATION;PEOPLE GETTING PAID TO LIE AND ADMITTING IT IN COURT;ETC YET TWO PROVEN LIARS WHO DEFENDED MICHAEL FOR 20 YEARS UNTIL THEY HAD MONEY PROBLEMS LIE IN DOCUMENT AND NOW A FEW IDIOTS WANT TO THINK THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH LIKE THIS JAMES A.K.A. FUNK-ON AND OPRAH. Like I said, I have the PROOF to show MJ was innocent. What is yours? LIARS. And that is a FACT. Anyone can call you out of your name but FACTS back it up. And the FACTS proves MJ was INNOCENT.

• Amber on said:

And like I said, even Oprah do not believe her own words. If she never wavered, why did she REMOVED their interview she did. This is the only one she REMOVED from her site and pages which was up until a week ago. I rest my case.

2. James Dollison on said:

HE WAS A PEDOPHILE, NOT SURE WHAT PROOF ONE NEEDS ! YES HE WAS A GREAT ENTERTAINER, BUT HE WAS A PEDOPHILE TOO !

• Amber on said:

Funk-on, do not change your name to spread your lies TROLL. MICHAEL WAS INNOCENT. And you can say whatever you want. YOU HAVE NOTHING but there are PLENTY OF FACTS TO SHOW MICHAEL WAS INNOCENT.

• Amber on said:

FAMILIES were in MJ’s rooms. Regardless if you agree with him allowing people in room or not, does NOT give no one the right to LIE on him abusing them for $$$$$$$$. And yes, I WILL DEFEND MICHAEL since I KNOW HIS CASE. I was at trial and I SAW WADE testify and KNOW the FACTS of his case. NOT YOU or Oprah-Oprah is out to make MONEY. People like you are the reason why INNOCENT men go to jail for crimes they did NOT commit.

3. Shebe on said:

Oprah is an evil back stabbing bytch. It’s all about being loyal to the White man. Had she been born during slavery, Harriet Tubman would have whipped her ass.

• Your bat sh__ crazy just because Oprah has an opinion different than you she a no good slave, You sound like the evil Plantation Master. Blind loyalty destroys the human soul. Oprahs right on this 1.

• Amber on said:

No, Oprah is for RATINGS to make $$$$$. When she attack someone over a LIE, Oprah will be attacked back and reveal her hypocrisy. Deal with it. That is why she is getting the backlash. And after this interview, Oprah is getting it more and she is being called out even more. Like I said, she has REMOVED these guys interview from her site.

• Amber on said:

She said NOTHING about Harvey Weinstein and his case has been out over a year nor has she discussed the documentary on him which was also at Sundance called “Untouchable”.

4. More Dollars…
    ᴍʏ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ᴘᴀʏᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴡᴀs ғᴏʀ 𝟷𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟶 ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀs… ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ᴡᴀs sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ 𝟹-𝟺 ʜᴏᴜʀs/ᴅᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs ᴀɢᴇɴᴄʏ ɪ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴇᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴘᴀɪᴅ ᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ɪᴛ 𝟿𝟻 ʙᴜᴄᴋs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴏᴜʀ… ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ . Read More

5. Amber on said:

Oprah is full of it. She took down their interviews from her site; so if you did not “wavered”, why did u do take them down Oprah as u kept all of your other interviews from other shows up? Also, james LIED about the TRAIN STATION which NEVER EXIST until 1994 even the people built it confirmed he lied. This NOT a forget about a time but a TIME and PLACE which HE made the centerpiece of his LIE in the LN. Oprah can not admitted she was duped because she wanted the ratings YET she did not jump on Harvey Weinstein case and doc. Also, James’s mother LIED. She said she danced when she heard about MJ dying at what he did to her son and that MJ wont hurt no more kids. PROBLEM: MJ DIED June 25, 2009; you son James who lie about the TRAIN STATION CLAIMED he did not know he was abused until 2013 by seeing Wade. How can that be Oprah? Mo was right. Oprah is full of it and I lost all respect for her after this. She revealed what Mo was saying.

• Amber on said:

And now she is getting MORE BACKLASH from people who woke up from this lie to see the lies since she did this interview with Tevor even by experts of abuse are questioning these liars now.

• I feel sorry 4 amber your living in denial your the reason child molester get away with this despicable crime people head in the sand just like u Oprahs is 100% right 2 believe these young men.

• Amber on said:

Take your trolling @$$ out of here. This is the only time your drag yourself out. Oprah is WRONG and FACTS proved MJ was no child abuser no matter how much in DENIAL YOU want. Facts back me up. And since I was at his trial and work a CRIME ANALYST, I studied the FACTS of his case, the accusers who were caught LYING IN COURT, people who ADMITTED TO LYING UNDER OATH, etc. And if Oprah was so true in her feelings, WHy did she REMOVED their interview as many are calling her out. So I do not need some TROLL like u who crawl from under your rock when a topic is about race or MJ. And MJ had FAMILIES in his room. If YOU want to believe 2 PROVEN LIARS, that is YOU; people with FACTS do NOT have LIE, changes stories and keep running behind the same case trying to label someone an abuser and keep looking stupid. I am glad the media is waking up to the LIES.

• And like I said, these are the SAME two men who DEFENDED MJ for TWO DECADES even under OATH AS ADULTS. Also, They claimed they never seen each other or knew each. ANOTHER LIE. The VIDEO is now showing them TOGETHER in the 90’s. SO I guess now fool video is lying and in Denial. The people who want to think MJ is guilty can NEVER give facts only name calling, tabloid bull, and excuses to the LIARS.

6. Ted Gravely on said:

She never wavered believing the white devil? So I guess she never believed MJ? Anything for that dollar and the white man’s atta boy. Still slaves.

• Amber on said:

Yet she did nothing to talk about Harvey Weinstein who case was out over a year and she did not watch his documentary which was at the same Sundance as LN. Did she NEVER talked about Jared, former spokeperson for Subway, or the 3 girls who where kidnapped in Ohio and kept for 10 years YET she wanted to jump on this LIE about MJ which was PROVEN in court and investigated far more than anyone famous or not famous even by the FBI for 10 years and listen to two PROVEN LIARS and low life director with NOTHING from the otherside. Even the director had to ADMITTED the trains story was not true; and Oprah want say this might be due to TRAMA YET this guy defended MJ for 25 years and kept a so called ring (which is now being viewed it might be fake by Rolex). Trama does NOT let anyone keep nothing that is a so called REMINDER and it does not let anyone DEFEND someone for 25 years even as an ADULT UNDER OATH. No, these guys are LIARS and wanting to WIN a $100 million dollar court appeal this summer