While promoting her new film “Traffik,” the 42-year-old actress giddily told Extra’s Tanika Ray, “I have a boyfriend now. I do. I haven’t called anybody a boyfriend. He’s my boyfriend!”
She wouldn’t reveal the mystery man’s identity, but did explain how they met each other through their children.
“If you have a kid and you have a basketball game, look at the daddies… It’s kind of a suburban romance. He’s got kids, I got a kid. It’s one of those!” Patton explained.
Although the two have only been dating for a month, Patton says she already loves him. “When you know, you know.”
In the same interview, the actress also talked about co-parenting son Julian Fuego with ex-husband Robin Thicke following their bitter and contentious custody battle. Patton said the key to keeping things peaceful is forgiveness. She admitted that she would not be doing her child any service by holding onto hurt feelings from the past. Instead, it is important to bring as much peace and harmony to his son’s life.
Patton and Thicke worked out their custody arrangement around the same time the singer’s girlfriend, April Love Geary, announced her pregnancy. A source said the exes made their son a priority and figured out plans to get along for his sake.
Patton’s new film “Traffik” opens in theaters on April 20.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
How These Black Celebrity Couples Met
1. Shannon and Monica Brown1 of 17
2. Magic and Cookie Johnson2 of 17
3. Denzel and Pauletta Washington3 of 17
4. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson4 of 17
5. Courtney B. Vance and Angela Bassett5 of 17
6. David and Tamela Mann6 of 17
7. Viola Davis and Julius Tennon7 of 17
8. Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson Peete8 of 17
9. Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict9 of 17
10. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith10 of 17
11. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee11 of 17
12. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe12 of 17
13. Tamia and Grant Hill13 of 17
14. Nicey Nash and Jay Tucker14 of 17
15. Morris Chestnut and Pam-Byse Chestnut15 of 17
16. Dwayne Wade & Gabrielle Union16 of 17
17. Ice Cube & Kimberly Woodruff17 of 17
- Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Says ‘Black Panther’ Was A ‘Cruel Experiment’ In Hollywood
- Trump Was Taped Talking About Paying Off Playboy Model
- How Black Husbands Can Help Wives Cope With Miscarriages, Depression And Suicidal Thoughts
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
(Photo Credit: David Gabber / PRPhotos)