The four episode docu-series, Black Love from filmmakers Codie Elaine Oliver and Tommy Oliver (The Perfect Guy) and Confluential Films, on Tuesday, August 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT (after an all-new episode of Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots at 9 p.m. ET/PT).
The series will air regularly on Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning on September 2.
Black Love highlights love stories from the Black community and seeks to answer the burning question, “What is the secret to making a marriage work?” Black Love dives into how love begins while showing the reality of what life-long love looks like, and offers proof that while it can happen for everyone, it isn’t a cakewalk. The docu-series shares honest, emotional and sometimes cringe-worthy always-true love stories.
Featured couples include Oscar-winner Viola Davis and husband Julius Tennon, Hollywood power couple Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin, NAACP Image Award-winner Tia Mowry and husband/actor Cory Hardrict, NAACP Image Award-nominee Flex Alexander and Grammy-nominated recording artist Shanice, gospel singer Erica Campbell and husband/music producer Warryn Campbell, and many additional couples from around the country.
Watch the funny clip below:
Share your email below to receive our daily newsletter!
How These Black Celebrity Couples Met
1. Shannon and Monica Brown1 of 16
2. Magic and Cookie Johnson2 of 16
3. Denzel and Pauletta Washington3 of 16
4. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson4 of 16
5. Courtney B. Vance and Angela Bassett5 of 16
6. David and Tamela Mann6 of 16
7. Viola Davis and Julius Tennon7 of 16
8. Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson Peet8 of 16
9. Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict9 of 16
10. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith10 of 16
11. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee11 of 16
12. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe12 of 16
13. Tamia and Grant Hill13 of 16
14. Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert14 of 16
15. Nicey Nash and Jay Tucker15 of 16
16. Morris Chestnut and Pam-Byse Morris16 of 16