The four episode docu-series, Black Love from filmmakers Codie Elaine Oliver and Tommy Oliver (The Perfect Guy) and Confluential Films, on Tuesday, August 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT (after an all-new episode of Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots at 9 p.m. ET/PT).
The series will air regularly on Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning on September 2.
Black Love highlights love stories from the Black community and seeks to answer the burning question, “What is the secret to making a marriage work?” Black Love dives into how love begins while showing the reality of what life-long love looks like, and offers proof that while it can happen for everyone, it isn’t a cakewalk. The docu-series shares honest, emotional and sometimes cringe-worthy always-true love stories.
Featured couples include Oscar-winner Viola Davis and husband Julius Tennon, Hollywood power couple Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin, NAACP Image Award-winner Tia Mowry and husband/actor Cory Hardrict, NAACP Image Award-nominee Flex Alexander and Grammy-nominated recording artist Shanice, gospel singer Erica Campbell and husband/music producer Warryn Campbell, and many additional couples from around the country.
Watch the funny clip below:
Share your email below to receive our daily newsletter!
How These Black Celebrity Couples Met
1. Shannon and Monica Brown1 of 17
2. Magic and Cookie Johnson2 of 17
3. Denzel and Pauletta Washington3 of 17
4. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson4 of 17
5. Courtney B. Vance and Angela Bassett5 of 17
6. David and Tamela Mann6 of 17
7. Viola Davis and Julius Tennon7 of 17
8. Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson Peete8 of 17
9. Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict9 of 17
10. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith10 of 17
11. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee11 of 17
12. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe12 of 17
13. Tamia and Grant Hill13 of 17
14. Nicey Nash and Jay Tucker14 of 17
15. Morris Chestnut and Pam-Byse Chestnut15 of 17
16. Dwayne Wade & Gabrielle Union16 of 17
17. Ice Cube & Kimberly Woodruff17 of 17