The four episode docu-series, Black Love from filmmakers Codie Elaine Oliver and Tommy Oliver (The Perfect Guy) and Confluential Films, on Tuesday, August 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT (after an all-new episode of Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots at 9 p.m. ET/PT).

The series will air regularly on Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning on September 2.

Black Love highlights love stories from the Black community and seeks to answer the burning question, “What is the secret to making a marriage work?” Black Love dives into how love begins while showing the reality of what life-long love looks like, and offers proof that while it can happen for everyone, it isn’t a cakewalk. The docu-series shares honest, emotional and sometimes cringe-worthy always-true love stories.

Featured couples include Oscar-winner Viola Davis and husband Julius Tennon, Hollywood power couple Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin, NAACP Image Award-winner Tia Mowry and husband/actor Cory Hardrict, NAACP Image Award-nominee Flex Alexander and Grammy-nominated recording artist Shanice, gospel singer Erica Campbell and husband/music producer Warryn Campbell, and many additional couples from around the country.

Watch the funny clip below:

Follow The Willie Moore Jr. Show on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter

Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]

13 thoughts on “OWN’s New Docu-Series Focuses On ‘Black Love’

1. Pamela Pettis on said:

I truly enjoyed Black Love, I was feeling down about my marriage, my husband and I this year in Dec will celebrate 32years of marriage, and I don’t know if between age or being focus on other things, I just know, I am not giving up, because like in God word, what God had join together let no man put sunder. God bless us all!

2. I am the founder of a social club for married couples in the Los Angeles area, called The GLU Effect.

We host couples bibles studies, anniversary celebrations, community service outings and other events throughout the year all centered around keeping God first, honoring our marriages and working to achieve balance in the rest of our life.

My husband and I have been saying for YEARS that one of the reason the black family is dying is becaue we don’t have positive images of black love on TV! So I’m elated to see the show on OWN!! Keep the episodes coming and if you’re ever in the LA area we got some REAL marriage issues to discuss!!!

3. Michelle Cain on said:

This has been the best series that has come out! My husband and I have been married 24 years and we are in our 40’s. Now a day there aren’t very many young couples that are still together. My husband and I have watched several of our friends and relatives who’s gotten married around the same time as we did and now either on their 2nd and 3rd marriage. I love this series. Please keep it going. I think it is very therapeutic.

4. Ave Thompson on said:

I’ve never been married, but am so happy to see a true to life reality show where everything is positive and we can learn from others about relationships and marriage. Thank you OWN for some good wholesome learning.

5. Thank God for this show . I have been married over 34 years . They are showing that marriage isn’t a soap opera and a date , but it’s a life long commitment and sometimes you feel love for them , sometimes you don’t . But it’s the work you put in . Than you look up and you feel love again . There are a lot of people that wished they would have stayed with the person they were with . They now regret that they hadn’t stayed when the bad times came . if there isn’t beating or cheating than they can work it out .

6. Patricia on said:

My parents were married for 54 years when my dad passed away. On his dying bed he told my brothers and sisters and I to take care of my mother. We promised him we would and none of us have broken that promised. My mother and dad shared the same birthday and the same age. Their love was truly a blessing to all of us. I love my dad and miss him, but I am glad he showed my brothers how to be a good husband, and father, and my sisters and I tried to married men that reminded us of our dads morals and values

7. Ida Samuels on said:

I have not seen the new docu-series “BlackLove” but I have witnessed it for 57 years between my parents! My parents recently celebrated their 60th wdding anniversary. Wr jad a small celebration for them here on their hometown in Port Arthur, Texas. My Mom had a stroke about 3 years ago that left her paralyzed on her left side. I have watched my 82 year old Dad love and care for her every single day since her stroke. He cooks, serves her meals, pays the bills, showers her, help her on and off her bedside commode, takes her out to eat, and anything else she needs and has been doing this ever day it will be three years on November 19th…You want to see Black Love up close and personal?? This is IT!

• dontworryaboutwhoiam on said:

I love it Ida Samuels. Your parents are a rarity when It comes to black love. I hope and pray that there love will last for all eternity…which I know it will. God bless them both and you as well!

8. Amber on said:

Wonderful. We need to start celebrating our love instead of stuff promoting that black women and black men do not love each other. This is another reason why I did not watch the Bachorlette. We always have to be the one showing that we accept other races over our own YET other races do not promote liking us before their own.

• No, we don’t HAVE to be “ones showing that we accept other races over our own”. She chose to make herself the prize on a game show where the winner wins another human being. I was gobsmacked when this big to do about the “first” AA woman becoming the prize on a game show came barrelling out in the media as if this was something to be proud of. But don’t get it twisted. This is not something she HAD to do. She did it because she wanted to do it. She wanted to be the prize.