(AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

The Carter twins are here!

According to reports, Beyonce and Jay Z welcomed their twins into the world earlier this week. Sources tell Showbiz411 and US Weekly, she gave birth Monday or Tuesday of this week.

No word on the sex of the children.

But TMZ is reporting that the trio has been in the hospital for nearly a week because of a “minor health issue.”

It’s not clear what the specific issue is, but doctors do not feel comfortable releasing them.

A close source told the gossip site not to fret though: As far as they know, Bey is OK and the babies are expected to be OK as well.

Granted we don’t have confirmation on what’s ailing the Carter twins, but what we do know is that extended hospital stays for multiples aren’t all that rare.

According to the March of Dimes, close to 60 percent of all twins and more than 90 percent of triplets are born prematurely (before 37 weeks). The average twin pregnancy lasts 35 weeks. Early births can lead to longer hospital stays in order for doctors to monitor the infants lungs and other organs, give babies time to gain weight and treat them for any existing conditions related to being premature.

And while there was question as to whether the Lemonade singer and her husband Jay Z had actually welcomed their babies yet, Bey’s sometimes estranged father Mathew Knowles confirmed on Twitter that they had in fact arrived.

“They’re here!,” he wrote in his post, including a photo of balloons that was signed “Love, Granddad.”

He was predictably dragged by Twitter for announcing their arrival before Beyonce did.

Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Provide your email below to receive our daily newsletter!

35 thoughts on “The Twins Are Here But Beyoncè Is Still In The Hospital

1. Ms Overstood on said:

The plight of Black America…the inability to perpetuate good vibes only. Commenting means you care in some capacity, right? Believe me when you have children, get married, or celebrate a birthday people don’t give as many f%@$ as you think. So be mindful of the energy you put into the universe. PEACE*

2. First, it’s fathom, not phantom. I hate when people try to make a statement with poor spelling and improper grammar. Second, if you don’t care and it has no bearing on your world, why even stop to comment. I wouldn’t. I’m personally wishing them well along with anyone else that I know of or hear of giving birth, celebrity or not. Third, there are plenty of sites talking about George Clooney’s twins. This happens to be BLACK America web dot com(yes I meant to spell it out), that should be self-explanatory. Last, lots of women have twins and do not have to have surgery to put themselves back together again. If you are in fantastic shape before, chances are your snap back will be good. She made it through the first pregnancy with no stretch marks and a fantastic snap back. The odds are in her favor. God bless you all, especially the mean spirited, miserable, haters. Take a class on nice things to say…..

• I don’t have to care about a person to comment on a story about them. I just comment because it’s fun and I enjoy it. Obviously, I don’t know as much as about her “snap back” and stretch marks as you do, because I’m not a fan and I don’t follow her. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t like speculating and talking with other posters about the story. It’s entertainment. No more, no less. You forgot to put a space between the your “com” and the parenthesis. I hate when people try to make a statement using poor punctuation. Take a class on chilling out. It’s not that serious.

3. Diane on said:

BREAKING NEWS. The sex of the twins have been revealed…….. Wait for it…. It’s a boy, it’s a girl. .. Congrats. Now we can all go on with our lives. Lol

4. Charlita on said:

Wow, it’s amazing about some of the critics of this news, if you don’t really care to know, don’t read it, turn the channel or turn off the radio. It’s ridiculous how quick we are to comment as to why she’s in the hospital a little longer, really people. OR is it that you are just that envious or wishing you had those $ that Jay and Bey has. The first pregnancy, some did not believe she was pregnant at all, they truly believed someone else had the baby for her. So she has shown the world that she did carry these precious babies, now what. Let’s just wish them the very best. Thank God for the delivery of their twins. God Bless!!!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Bouncy and Joe Camel aren’t the only wealthy people residing on the planet earth. You never know who is commenting on this site. Just because someone has an opinion about this story that doesn’t jibe with yours, doesn’t automatically amount to jealousy. It’s just an opinion, which is exactly what this site is for. I know it’s hard to phantom, but not everyone wants to be them. Some people actually love being just who they are. Who knows? Maybe the King and Queen would be jealous of the lives some of the people on this site live. In my humble opinion, of course.

5. hotlanta on said:

Beyoncé is having plastic surgery done because she know folks gonna be saying how bad she looks if she has gained a lot of weight.

• SharronJ ones on said:

LOL Tummy tuck and fat sucked out them thighs and jaws. You know she gonna show up in a few weeks looking like she never gained weight or gave birth.

• Truth on said:

You would too if u could. Everyone wants to look good and be beautiful . The beauty industry is a billion and billion dollar business. Beautiful people are always revered . People that can’t afford it get all types of plastic surgery trying to look cute. Oh I forgot you have to be white to be beautiful.

6. Sharon on said:

Women been having babies for years but because its her, she special. Congrats on your twins. Get ready for multiple daily updates about every poop, fart, yawn, drool, cry, burp.

7. DCLady on said:

Very happy for this beautiful and intelligent Black couple who did and continue to do the “right” things! May God continue to bless them and their growing family. Love it!!!!

8. Epitome on said:

I have to laugh at myself and fellow peeps who comment!! We can’t help ourselves can we? We want to ignore this crap but we feed right into it! So glad the second comings have arrived. Now I can go about my daily life and get some sleep!! I’ve been up for days and nights worrying about them. I had to take a leave of absence from my job! It was rough! Well now that is over time to watch them grow and take over the world… day by day we will get a news report! The twins cried, farted, pooped tinkled, burped and threw up! Oh joy!! THE FIRST SET OF TWINS EVER TO BE BORN!! They are here!!! Forget all the triplets, quads quints etc… only the Caters matter! So, what else is going on in the world??

9. dontworryaboutwhoiam on said:

god please help me…what about George Clooney’s twins. talk about them please. so tired of hearing about beyonce and her twins. whoopee damn do.