An emotional confrontation between exes went viral after million of users logged on to see the epic tragedy that is #hurtbae.
The internets responded to #hurtbae’s tears, frustrated by her cheating ex’s visible lack of remorse.
Now the cheater, AKA Leonard Long II, is speaking out about the viral moment.
“I was definitely emotional. Just because it wasn’t written all over my face doesn’t mean I didn’t feel some type of way. That’s the way that I process the moment,” he said, explaining the stoic expression on his face throughout the encounter.
“The fact that I hurt her…I can’t change that. But I can make sure that it doesn’t happen again,” said Long, who admits he did once love his ex. “I’m 23 years old. I’m a young man trying to navigate the world. I’m going to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes and live my life better…hold myself to a higher standard. I know I’m the most hated guy in America, but I swear I’ve changed. I would never want to put someone through that again.”
But it seems like the pain paid off for his ex, Kourtney Jorge, who gained 130K followers since the video hit the web.
“I’m proud of her. I hope she gets all that she can out of this,” he said. At the end of the interview Long even jokingly recites the Kanye West lyric, “I made that b*tch famous.”
Jorge has also spoken out. She told Essence.com she’s now #happybae and is in a new relationship.
“At the time, I felt like it was important for me to know the truth about everything to finally get to the bottom of it, get closure and try to move on,” she said about the video, shot in November 2016. “I was nervous about the video being released initially. So I’ve embraced #HurtBae and look forward to empowering more women in similar situations.”
She says she now knows that honesty is essential to any relationship, and that she has released any negativity about her ex and feels that taking the high road ultimately helped her healing.
Watch Long’s full interview below:
The Most Hated Celebrity Relationships Ever!
1. Kobe and Vanessa Bryant1 of 15
2. Brad Pitt and Angelina JolieSource:AP 2 of 15
3. Tyga and Kylie JennerSource:Tyga Instagram 3 of 15
4. Nick Cannon and Mariah CareySource:PR 4 of 15
5. Amber Rose and Wiz KhalifaSource:PR 5 of 15
6. Usher and Tameka FosterSource:AP 6 of 15
7. Karrueche and Chris BrownSource:Karrueche Instagram 7 of 15
8. Stevie J and JoselineSource:PR 8 of 15
9. Ray J and Princess LoveSource:Ray J Instagram 9 of 15
10. Rihanna and Chris BrownSource:Rihanna Instagram 10 of 15
11. Kim and Kanye WestSource:PR 11 of 15
12. Bow Wow and Erica MenaSource:PR 12 of 15
13. Lil Wayne and Christina MilianSource:Lil Wayne Instagram 13 of 15
14. Bobby Brown and Whitney HoustonSource:PR 14 of 15
15. Lisa Marie Presley and Michael JacksonSource:AP 15 of 15
#HurtBae Aftermath: Exes Talk About Life After Viral Video was originally published on hellobeautiful.com