Phaedra Parks is going to pay $100,000 to her estranged, incarcerated husband, Apollo Nida, in order to help him pay off his $2 million restitution fine, according to court documents obtained by The Jasmine Brand.
Nida filed for divorce from Parks earlier this month in Georgia court, though she had sent him divorce papers months earlier. The former couple listed their separation as June of 2014. The reason given for the divorce was because the marriage was irretrievably broken.
Apollo is currently serving a seven-year sentence behind bars, along with paying $1,948,314.85 in restitution for his fraud crimes. In his divorce filling, he asked for joint legal custody of their two sons. He also wants an equitable split of their assets.
The judge came back with a final order on custody, parenting plan and property division. Phaedra will have primary custody of their 2 kids, and she agreed to pay $100k towards Apollo’s criminal restitution fine.
The two will share legal custody once he is released from prison and he will be allowed to visit with his kids. Parks and Nida have already divided their own personal property including their banks accounts.
As reported by The Jasmine Brand:
The judge ordered Phaedra to also use her best efforts to confer with Apollo while he is incarcerated. Apollo was ordered to not use any illegal drugs within the kid’s primary residence state and also prohibited from consuming alcohol while with the children.
Apollo is disputing the final judgement in Phaedra’s divorce and the judge has yet to rule on his motion to dismiss her case despite it already coming to an end.
The convicted felon reportedly became engaged recently – while behind bars – to a woman named Sherien Almufti who he had been dating for 2 years, before he checked into prison. The new couple have reportedly shot scenes for this season of Real Housewives of Atlanta.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike EppsSource:PR Photos 1 of 26
2. Dwayne WadeSource:PR 2 of 26
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou3 of 26
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.4 of 26
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey5 of 26
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.6 of 26
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose7 of 26
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons8 of 26
9. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce9 of 26
10. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.Source:AP) 10 of 26
11. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.11 of 26
12. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.12 of 26
13. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.13 of 26
14. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.14 of 26
15. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.15 of 26
16. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.16 of 26
17. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?17 of 26
18. Jill Scott18 of 26
19. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 201719 of 26
20. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin20 of 26
21. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown21 of 26
22. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown22 of 26
23. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs23 of 26
24. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs24 of 26
25. Usher & Grace Miguel25 of 26
26. Usher & Grace Miguel26 of 26
(Photo Source: Instagram)