Alicia Keys and Mashonda are apparently on the same page now when it comes to their blended family.

For years, the ex-wife of producer Swizz Beatz has referred to his current wife as a home wrecker, and accused Keys of carrying on an affair with him while they were still married.

At one point in 2009, Mashonda went on a tweet-storm against Keys, writing:

You know the role you played and you know how you contributed to the ending of my marriage. You know that I asked you to step back and let me handle my family issues. Issues that you helped to create… As a woman, I expected so much more from you. I never had intentions on reaching out to you this way but after reading your twits tonight, and the constant disregard, you left me no choice.

Well, the two have since worked things out.

In 2014, Mashonda and her son with Swizz, Kasseem David Dean, Jr., joined Swizz and Alicia (married since 2010) on vacation in St. Barts, along with the couple’s son Egypt Daoud.

Swizz also has a son Prince Nasir with Nicole Levy, a daughter Nicole with British singer Zhanna Andrianova, and has since had a second son with Keys, Genesis Ali Dean.

Tonight, Keys will deliver a new song that celebrates the journey toward their current family dynamic.

On Thursday, Keys announced via Twitter that her new song, “Blended Family (What You Do For Love)” featuring A$AP Rocky will be “available everywhere at midnight.” The tweet includes a link to her website, which features a note from the singer that suggests a mending of fences with Mashonda was part of the song’s inspiration:

screen-shot-2016-10-06-at-11-08-24-pm

I’m so excited for you to hear this song. It means so much to me and our whole family. The understanding, compassion and support we’ve found is a powerful testament to the healing that comes when we choose love. Especially for the kids… the most important part of our lives. Celebrating Mashonda for our commitment to each other with support and true growth.

Baby Makers: Celebs Who Have 4 or More Kids

37 thoughts on “Alicia Keys Dedicates Song To Swizz Beatz’ Ex-Wife

1. Maxwell B on said:

She is hands down one of the most beautiful woman to ever grace our culture. She is super, supppper beautiful, almost uncomparable. Not only that, but her personality and talent is so fucking sexy. You commenters are just bitter bitches that cant keep a man. Swizz is so fucking happy now. Alicia was the upgrade, and if Mashonda can get over it, yall can too. Cant believe there are people saying shes not pretty. Not even on your very best day could any of you compare to Alicia keys beauty.

• Upgrade? Shame on you. Just because Mashonda is being mature does not mean she got over it. She is doing this in the best interest of her child.

• Steph, did you happen to cross paths with the passage what tells of how David and Bathsheba’s baby died? The murder of Bathsheba’s husband and Bathsheba’s adultery were a stench in the nostrils of a holy God. All these Alicia and Beetz sheep bleating mercy and forgiveness and I bet each one of them is holding a grudge against a close family member. SMH

• Maxwell B. Stop acting thirsty. Alicia’s caterwalling is not talent. She is just a girl that got in with the right industry people and they are making her out to be way more than she really is, as an artist. She’s good looking, I’ll give her that. Millions of girls outshine her in loiks. The cashier that rang up my breakfast check is prettier than she is. Should she grab a mike and keyboards too? But how girlfriend always making these other world spiritual comments in the press, yet she thinks its spiritual to snatch somebody’s man. As a man, you are revealing yourself to be a hoemonger since you defend them. I can’t stand you punks that haul out the bitter bitch label soon as you observe a woman with a backbone who speaks truth. You don’t know any of these women so enough with the bitter. Speak on what you know only, to avoid looking like just another lame woman hating dude.

2. Jennifer McMurrain on said:

Dr_mack@ yahoo. com…… restored my relationship, my boyfriend came back to me, i took him back back and we so in love now ..

3. Marilyn Moore on said:

Alicia Keys and Swizz both were wrong. Beets should have waited until his marriage was dissolved b4 getting involved with this man. Adultery is wrong. No matter what I am surprised the marriage has lasted this long. Life is full of pain&torment,sometimes. Its sad when we find out we have married a shallow,immature weakling. Can be moved by anything/anybody that comes along. Wow!

4. Yes, that relationship did start off WRONG!
    But I actually had a similar exp myself with my Husb.. Now I look at how’ we decided to blend our family because of the kids involved and my ex Husb is now married to the woman he had the affair with .. I am with a man who is a much better Husb to me . My ex and I are both with mates we are more compatible with now. I hope Swizz & Alicia the best & Mashonda the best with her new Boo, if she desires one. Let God be the judge!!! I wish the best ! Alicia, my Husb & I love your music🎶🎶🎶🎶👶

• Jacqueline Keels on said:

Yes, all that is said is true! On all sides. Get yourself together and be thankful. Karma is a bitch and then some! Don’t be mad or even get even. Nope, take the high road. I say this from experience. Yes, you are human and entitled to a lot and your thoughts. In the future, people do get what they sow, however and whatever that may be.

• Honewreckerssuck on said:

Well look at karma taking its toll on Alicia’s voice and career

5. Mashonda, it was not necessary to bash Alicia. Look at the affairs he had in your marriage. If he wanted AAk, do be it. God will be the ultimate judge. I will always be a fan of Alicia. I love her music. Yes, she was in an affairs with a married man. But he is where HE wants to be. I am wanting the best for these kids that are involved and for everyone to seek God first .. I wish all persons involved much success & happiness !!!

• I’m checking out your screen name. You mean to tell me you condone the affair between Alicia and Swiss, and you advise peoole to keep God #1? You know that includes keeping his commandments.

Alicia Keys is so-so looking certainly not beautiful. Her singing is highly mediocre. If she is as real as she is always claiming she is, why not take the ex wife out on stage at one of her concerts and apoligize for the hurt she caused another woman. She likes to act like she is so evolved spiritually. It’s easy to spiritual when you get your way, even done you have seriously wronged another.

• LadySchool on said:

She’s a ho. Ho’s mess with men they know belong to someone else. Are you smoking crac? No one said anything like Malonda and Alicia being married to each other.

Man snatchers always want to shift blame. You can look at her and she fake. One day when she old and dried up her kid not speaking to her, karma done beat her ass for just reaching and hurting people, then she’ll write a book about it all. No one will buy it, just like those other Hollywood ho’s with NO hometraining.

• No matter what kind of ho’ she is, she doesn’t have the power to hurt Mashonda without the help of Swizzler. Hos can mess with your man till the cows come home and the only way it’ll hurt you is if your man messes back. She wasn’t hurt by another woman taking her man. She was hurt by her man leaving her for another woman. The other woman could never have had him if he hadn’t chosen to leave. Keys didn’t hurt Mashonda. Her husband, who promised to love and be faithful to her as long as they both shall live hurt her.

6. FallMornings on said:

Agree, why isn’t the man responsible for the destruction of a relationship? I don’t think I would go on vacation with the woman who broke-up my marriage but I would try to be cordial in the eyes of my children. Nothing more.

7. Katrina mayjo on said:

Wow it’s amazing how people always blame a woman for doing what she was built to do which is “Love” . Why isn’t he being held accountable for the failed marriage? She wouldn’t have tried to build with someone unavailable she’s beautiful enough to meet anyone she wanted!!!!!! There’s so much more to the story but society has always blamed a woman ! Wow again!!!!! Alicia be great mama and be cool with the ex for the kids!!!!!!!!

• So, stealing is love? Disrupting a child’s relationship with his father..is that right? Can’t stand Alicia Keys. One tablespoon of talent in bucket of egomania.Such a poser. Always pushing that sugary-sweet image, but man snatching in private. She makes all these speeches. Folks know a self-serving airhead when they see one. Could have left the ex wife alone, but in your classic sneaky way, you want to play nicey nice withe Swizz’s ex just to try to scrub some scum off of your name. People remember grimy mess. It won’t work.

8. This Swiss Beatz is a piece of work. Kids with multiple mamas. Nice. This dude will undoubtedly cheat on Keys in time that’s certain. Can’t wait to hear the music coming out of Keys when that happens…. Like the other posters say, she gonna get it back……

9. I respect what you’re saying about Alicia Keys but I believe most of her fans are disappointed with her not being a reflection of her lyrics . I forgive her I just don’t listen to her music anymore I will support in the future music. An artist personal life does affect how fans receive them and support them . It’s no different if Alicia Keys was a pedophile I would not support her . I wish her well with another woman’s husband .

10. Turner on said:

All wrong the problem with black women in black men don’t know how to hold each other down seem like his wife was a lovely woman but remember the way u meet u can leave…

11. Steph on said:

I am so glad our destiny is not predicated on failed relationships with mankind. Have you all read the stories in the Bible? King David and Basheba were King Salomon parents, God deals with broken and contrite hearts. He cast our sins into the sea of forgetfulness, He paid for the penalty of our sins we did unto Him. His love for us was was the ultimate Price. Forgiveness is Priceless.

• Steph on said:

Spell check: King Solomon and his mother’s name is Bathsheba. Just wanted correct my misspelled words. But seriously cheating is merely symptoms that the marriage is in trouble, that is why some marriages can survive infidelity, not a deal breaker. When someone leaves your life for whatever reason it may be, don’t be like Jonah waiting on top of a hill waiting for their destruction because can God can change His mind, like He did in the book of Jonah. Not only that God says He will have mercy on whoever He chooses to. Repentance changes the Mind of God. Get off the judgement seat and trade it for mercy seat. Just saying 😃

12. Nicole Smith on said:

No matter what they are forgiven but they must know if they have caused some hurt ,that hurt may come back in worser form ,I know I experienced it

• Never considered her that talented. Just a prettyish mixed girl nothing earth shattering. I’ve heard better singers. Beets divorced Mashonda to marry Keys. That is vreaking up a marriage. I know,those in favoe of husband stealing will disagree. Think about this. She spoke of the beautiful healing journey for the kids’sake. But, she wasn’t thinking about Malonda’s kids when she started the affair that ended with him leaving the home he built with Malonda. She didn’t go for the lets all hug and kiss and sing kumbaya until she had gotten her way. She gonna look like a fool when he cheats on her.

13. Koko Toles on said:

Im happy for them and pray that the real reason is for the kids, regardless of what happen they needed to work together for the kids not saying what Alicia & Swiss did was wrong but it is what it is its time to move on

14. Willett Amie on said:

It’s really not up to the public to forgive this sin. Did she ask God and the family she infiltrated for forgiveness? Then did she “turn from her wickedness”? That’s what you should be stating.

• I don’t think the writer of the article means forgive in the literal sense. I think he/she is exploring whether fthe public still sees the affair as a big stain on Keyes’ otherwise positive image.