Alicia Keys and Mashonda are apparently on the same page now when it comes to their blended family.

For years, the ex-wife of producer Swizz Beatz has referred to his current wife as a home wrecker, and accused Keys of carrying on an affair with him while they were still married.

At one point in 2009, Mashonda went on a tweet-storm against Keys, writing:

You know the role you played and you know how you contributed to the ending of my marriage. You know that I asked you to step back and let me handle my family issues. Issues that you helped to create… As a woman, I expected so much more from you. I never had intentions on reaching out to you this way but after reading your twits tonight, and the constant disregard, you left me no choice.

Well, the two have since worked things out.

In 2014, Mashonda and her son with Swizz, Kasseem David Dean, Jr., joined Swizz and Alicia (married since 2010) on vacation in St. Barts, along with the couple’s son Egypt Daoud.

Swizz also has a son Prince Nasir with Nicole Levy, a daughter Nicole with British singer Zhanna Andrianova, and has since had a second son with Keys, Genesis Ali Dean.

Tonight, Keys will deliver a new song that celebrates the journey toward their current family dynamic.

On Thursday, Keys announced via Twitter that her new song, “Blended Family (What You Do For Love)” featuring A$AP Rocky will be “available everywhere at midnight.” The tweet includes a link to her website, which features a note from the singer that suggests a mending of fences with Mashonda was part of the song’s inspiration:

screen-shot-2016-10-06-at-11-08-24-pm

I’m so excited for you to hear this song. It means so much to me and our whole family. The understanding, compassion and support we’ve found is a powerful testament to the healing that comes when we choose love. Especially for the kids… the most important part of our lives. Celebrating Mashonda for our commitment to each other with support and true growth.

20 thoughts on “Alicia Keys Dedicates Song To Swizz Beatz’ Ex-Wife

1. Yes, that relationship did start off WRONG!
    But I actually had a similar exp myself with my Husb.. Now I look at how’ we decided to blend our family because of the kids involved and my ex Husb is now married to the woman he had the affair with .. I am with a man who is a much better Husb to me . My ex and I are both with mates we are more compatible with now. I hope Swizz & Alicia the best & Mashonda the best with her new Boo, if she desires one. Let God be the judge!!! I wish the best ! Alicia, my Husb & I love your music🎶🎶🎶🎶👶

2. Mashonda, it was not necessary to bash Alicia. Look at the affairs he had in your marriage. If he wanted AAk, do be it. God will be the ultimate judge. I will always be a fan of Alicia. I love her music. Yes, she was in an affairs with a married man. But he is where HE wants to be. I am wanting the best for these kids that are involved and for everyone to seek God first .. I wish all persons involved much success & happiness !!!

3. FallMornings on said:

Agree, why isn’t the man responsible for the destruction of a relationship? I don’t think I would go on vacation with the woman who broke-up my marriage but I would try to be cordial in the eyes of my children. Nothing more.

4. Katrina mayjo on said:

Wow it’s amazing how people always blame a woman for doing what she was built to do which is “Love” . Why isn’t he being held accountable for the failed marriage? She wouldn’t have tried to build with someone unavailable she’s beautiful enough to meet anyone she wanted!!!!!! There’s so much more to the story but society has always blamed a woman ! Wow again!!!!! Alicia be great mama and be cool with the ex for the kids!!!!!!!!

5. This Swiss Beatz is a piece of work. Kids with multiple mamas. Nice. This dude will undoubtedly cheat on Keys in time that’s certain. Can’t wait to hear the music coming out of Keys when that happens…. Like the other posters say, she gonna get it back……

6. I respect what you’re saying about Alicia Keys but I believe most of her fans are disappointed with her not being a reflection of her lyrics . I forgive her I just don’t listen to her music anymore I will support in the future music. An artist personal life does affect how fans receive them and support them . It’s no different if Alicia Keys was a pedophile I would not support her . I wish her well with another woman’s husband .

7. Turner on said:

All wrong the problem with black women in black men don’t know how to hold each other down seem like his wife was a lovely woman but remember the way u meet u can leave…

8. Steph on said:

I am so glad our destiny is not predicated on failed relationships with mankind. Have you all read the stories in the Bible? King David and Basheba were King Salomon parents, God deals with broken and contrite hearts. He cast our sins into the sea of forgetfulness, He paid for the penalty of our sins we did unto Him. His love for us was was the ultimate Price. Forgiveness is Priceless.

• Steph on said:

Spell check: King Solomon and his mother’s name is Bathsheba. Just wanted correct my misspelled words. But seriously cheating is merely symptoms that the marriage is in trouble, that is why some marriages can survive infidelity, not a deal breaker. When someone leaves your life for whatever reason it may be, don’t be like Jonah waiting on top of a hill waiting for their destruction because can God can change His mind, like He did in the book of Jonah. Not only that God says He will have mercy on whoever He chooses to. Repentance changes the Mind of God. Get off the judgement seat and trade it for mercy seat. Just saying 😃

9. Nicole Smith on said:

No matter what they are forgiven but they must know if they have caused some hurt ,that hurt may come back in worser form ,I know I experienced it

10. Koko Toles on said:

Im happy for them and pray that the real reason is for the kids, regardless of what happen they needed to work together for the kids not saying what Alicia & Swiss did was wrong but it is what it is its time to move on

11. Willett Amie on said:

It’s really not up to the public to forgive this sin. Did she ask God and the family she infiltrated for forgiveness? Then did she “turn from her wickedness”? That’s what you should be stating.

• I don’t think the writer of the article means forgive in the literal sense. I think he/she is exploring whether fthe public still sees the affair as a big stain on Keyes’ otherwise positive image.