BET has recently announced their new hip hop competition series, “One Shot.” Executive producers Mike Smith, Sway, Kxng Crooked, and King Tech have created a show far from your normal music competition series.

The show was created to showcase the best up-and-coming hip hop artists rather than finding new talent or having artists battle it out.

will be hosted by Sway and will feature plenty of celebrity judge appearances including: DJ Khaled, T.I., The Game, RZA, Tech 9, Charlamagne Tha God, DJ Drama, Twista and E-40.

These judges will help vet thousands of aspiring rappers based on their skills, showmanship, and stage presence in search of hip-hop’s new superstar.

“One Shot” is now TV’s only platform to specifically find and showcase new hip hop artists. The show premiers this summer and will provide the winner with a $100,000 prize and a record deal.

(Photo Source: One Shot Show Twitter)

29 thoughts on “BET Announces New Hip Hop Competition Show ‘One Shot’

1. Hello! My name is “Rosemary” I live in Brooklyn N.Y… I’d like to obtain information for the next upcoming (One Shot) audition for my son “Jason”—who in my heart & everyone’s ears, has the (potential & lyrics) to become the next superstar. Since the age of six, he’s rapped to (Big, Jay-z, Big L & every best lyricist from there on after) it’s all he’s heard growing up.. Now he would love the opportunity, & he’s ready to show you all & the world his talent..

2. Starlia Dawson on said:

Hi My Name is Starlia but I go by Queen MOB I love to Rap its my life I love to Rap off Tha top of my head… I really feel like I have what it Takes to become the next Female Rap Artist only thing is that I have yet to get over my stage fright…lol but what I do want to know is are you guys coming to Las Vegas???? If so when and where I have the ambition to go after what I want so with that being said #LETSGETIT💰💰💰💯💯💯

3. Hi, my name is PapiX and I currently live in South Carolina. I would love to know more about One Shot and informtation retaining auditions

• Darnell Thomas on said:

I am in up and coming artist coming out of Jersey city I am 1 of 6 out of the group call the shining starz and would like the opportunity to show the world I am what the game been missing I have many styles I sing and rap so please let me know how I can be apart of the show or audition to be on the show thank you

4. Daa Kant on said:

How can I audition for this show.
    Are You guys coming to Charlotte NC? If so please let me know with more information.

Thanks
    DaaKantOfficial

5. Terrell prunty on said:

I just was wondering would you guys be coming to Pittsburgh Pa.at all please email me whit more information about the show please and thank you

6. Aiesha on said:

Are you guys coming to Orlando I know this one guy he goes by maverickidk look him up on soundcloud he’s flow he’s very original and nice or he’s fb. All he’s social media sites are with the same name check it out I would like for him to be on the show.

• Stephanie Aldridge on said:

When are you all coming to the Bay Area and hiw does the voting work? Award Winning Hip Hop Artist Bad Girl Le’Le @goddessofhiphop did her video and haven’t heard anything yet.

7. Supa Dave what’s up BET I am an inspiring rapper from Vidalia GA. I would love to show off my skills and I would like to know if you all would give me an opportunity to show you just how talented I am. I have been rapping and writing my own music for a few years now; I look forward to hearing from you soon.. much love and peace Supa Dave..

8. Hey how yall doing my name is Dwayne Herrington rap name Flame I would like a chance on the show one shot I been rapping for 6 years and I know i got what it take to make it on each the show THANKS HOPE TO HEAR BACK FROM YALL…..

9. Michael Davis, Jr on said:

Mike Flowz from Bloomfield Connecticut. Not your average everyday hip hop artist. I am KING OVK (one verse killa). Lyrically inclined and culturally conscious. Yeah I use the N word cause I know what it means to my generation. But I also respect WHO WE ARE!! Don’t sleep on CONNECTICUT. I’m here to keep HIP HOP alive. Pass the TORCH fellas and watch me work. I want to be apart of this ONE SHOT!!

10. Stephanie Aldridge on said:

I hope my daughter Le’Le @goddessofhiphop get to be on the show with other great artist’s I love supporting hip hop.

11. Boss Bellz on said:

I’m an upcoming artist from South Jersey go by the stage name Boss Bellz I’ve won contest in Philly for Coast 2 Coast my hit single my boy was played on power 99 for 4 months strate I been in New York and Miami marketing myself and my music company title Hood Family Music Group I’m trying to expand my brand and name they label me the hottest in my city I would love the opportunity to get my brand and music on a lager platform so me and my team can show the rest of the world our talent thanks once again for the opportunity and chance to do so

12. What’s going on my is Gunz I’m 1 of the 8 Artist from our own independent music group called Hood Family we would like a chance on One Shot we’ve been doing are thing around are area doing shows n Pa, NY,De, MD, Miami taking 1st place one of the artist Boss Bellz n the group is being labeled as the hottest unsigned artist in south jersey recently dropped his so gle MyBoy aired on power 99 for 4mths we dropped the video on world n touched a million views n 1 week n now were looking for a chance to show the rest of the rest of the world we have what it takes and that we are up next

13. Mr.blackout on said:

What’s good I would like to know can I get on the show I am in up and coming artist from Jersey city and i would like to be apart of the show so I can show off my skills