Hmm, maybe Janet Jackson reportedly having a baby at 50 had something to do with being pressured by her mother?
Could be ’cause according to Page Six, the matriarch of the Jackson clan is said to have put pressure on Janet about having children.
And all this time, we thought Miss Jackson was the one in “Control.”
In any event, an unnamed relative of the family says Katherine Jackson, 86, brought up the subject of babies last fall with daughter Janet.
“[Katherine Jackson] said to Janet, ‘You cannot afford to wait too much longer. I was already a grandma at your age,’ ” explained the source, who confirmed to Page Six on Wednesday that Jackson is expecting her first child with her 41-year-old billionaire husband, Wissam Al Mana.
The source added that Katherine Jackson, who turned 86 on Wednesday, is “thrilled” that she’ll be a grandmother for the 28th time.
“It would mean that all of her children have given her grandchildren,” the source said.
“She hopes that she can be in the room when Janet gives birth.”
Janet is reportedly between two and three months along in her pregnancy. Last month she posted a video for her fans, announcing she was putting the brakes on her Unbreakable World Tour indefinitely as she and Al Mana started “planning” their family.
The singer has yet to publicly confirm the state of her uterus, but she hasn’t shut down any rumors either.
17 Celebrity Mamas (And Grandmas) Who Prove That Black Don't Crack
1. Garcelle Beauvais is 49 and has two children1 of 17
2. Sheryl Lee Ralph is 59 and has two childrenSource:PR Photos 2 of 17
3. Nia Long is 45 and has two kidsSource:Instagram 3 of 17
4. First Lady Michelle Obama is 52 years old and has two kidsSource:AP 4 of 17
5. Tina Turner is 76 and has two children5 of 17
6. Gayle King is 61 years old and has two childrenSource:PRPhotos.com 6 of 17
7. Lynn Whitfield is 62 and has one childSource:PR 7 of 17
8. Diahann Carol is 80 and has one childSource:PR 8 of 17
9. Jada Pinkett Smith is 44 and has two childrenSource:PRPhotos.com 9 of 17
10. Phylicia Rashad is 67 and has two kidsSource:PR 10 of 17
11. Taraji P. Henson is 45 and has one childSource:PRPhotos.com 11 of 17
12. Grace Jones is 67 and has one childSource:PR 12 of 17
13. Lisa Bonet is 48 and has three childrenSource:Lenny Kravitz Instagram 13 of 17
14. Regina King is 45 and has one childSource:PRPhotos.com 14 of 17
15. Angela Bassett is 57 years old and has two kidsSource:PR Photos 15 of 17
16. Tina Knowles is 62 years and has two childrenSource:Ebony Magazine 16 of 17
17. Iman is 60 and has two kidsSource:AP 17 of 17
(Photo Source: AP)