Nick Cannon is gunning for some gold digging woman on his new track “Oh Well,” but insists the woman is not his ex-wife Mariah Carey.
The “America’s Got Talent” host went on an early morning Twitter rant Wednesday to claim Mariah was not the target of the song, which includes the following lyrics: “All you needed was a n***a with the money, cars and cribs, and guarantee your a** leave me fast, exactly what you did, but I ain’t speak of that. Oh well. I still feel bitter about it. You leaving the house. You f**king that n***a, giving me a reason to bounce. Oh well.”
Cannon, 35, continues in the song: “She didn’t like when I was broke, but she missed the old me. Wait, girl — you got me confused,” he raps. “If I went broke, you wouldn’t call me. Don’t get mad because I’m telling the truth. I mean, let’s just be real, you don’t want it for real.”
Cannon also calls the relationship with this woman “a lie.” “Baby girl, don’t cry. I won’t lie. Our relationship was a lie, but baby some die,” he sings. “I guess we parted, that’s all. Oh well.”
When blogs jumped on the song and began making their own conclusions, Cannon fired back on Twitter.
“You know what I find funny, I actually released a spoken word piece about the corrupt system and the media pays it no mind… But someone releases one of my Character pieces from a film and media outlets flock to it making up stories about my ex,” he wrote.
“Sorry to disappoint the bottom feeders but you won’t be hearing any diss records from me unless it’s about the GOVERNMENT! LOL,” he continued. “How many times do I have to reiterate @MariahCarey and I are super cool! Stop trying to create negativity, we will never subscribe to it.”
What do you think?
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike EppsSource:PR Photos 1 of 19
2. Dwayne WadeSource:PR 2 of 19
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou3 of 19
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.4 of 19
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey5 of 19
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.6 of 19
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose7 of 19
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons8 of 19
9. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce9 of 19
10. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.Source:AP) 10 of 19
11. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.11 of 19
12. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.12 of 19
13. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.13 of 19
14. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.14 of 19
15. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.15 of 19
16. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.16 of 19
17. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?17 of 19
18. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 201718 of 19
19. Jill Scott19 of 19
(Photo Source: AP)