Leave a comment

 

The special counsel for the state attorney general’s office in Michigan said Tuesday that manslaughter and other related charges could come forth in relation to the ongoing Flint water crisis.

Todd Flood, the special counsel, said Tuesday that the attorney general’s office investigation could prompt a combination of criminal charges or civil actions writes the Detroit News.

The Detroit News reports:

“We’re here to investigate what possible crimes there are, anything to the involuntary manslaughter or death that may have happened to some young person or old person because of this poisoning, to misconduct in office,” he said. “We take this very seriously.”

Flood joined Attorney General Bill Schuette, chief investigator Andrew Arena and deputy chief investigator Ellis Stafford for a media round table Tuesday in Lansing, where they provided an update on the investigation launched last month.

The probe will look at state and local government officials to determine whether any state laws were violated. There is no clear timeline for how long the investigation will take.

Flood added that bringing forth manslaughter charges is “not far-fetched” if their investigation reveals negligence or “breach of duty” in the handling of the water. As the Detroit News also notes, nine people have died of Legionnaires’ disease after the water was switched to Flint River water in April 2014.

SOURCE: The Detroit News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform

 

Manslaughter, Other Charges Possible In Flint Water Crisis was originally published on newsone.com

Add Your Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s