TMZ is reporting one unidentified bisexual NFL player is unhappy with Michael Sam‘s recent comments about NFL players not being courageous enough to come out like he did.

The gossip site reports:

[The unidentified player] has played in the league for several seasons and says he’s open about his sexuality with close friends.

But when the player read Sam’s recent comments about gay men in the league — he was offended.

Specifically, the player was upset when Sam said … “I respect the players that did reach out to me and had the courage to tell me that they were also gay, but they do not have the same courage as I do to come out before I even played a down in the NFL.”

The player’s response — “As a bisexual man, I just feel like Michael Sam does not speak for all gay men.”

“He has his own opinion … but DON’T say that we don’t have the courage to come out. It’s totally wrong. Just speak for yourself. No one else.”

“It’s no one’s business what my sexuality is. You should like me for me … not for who I choose to be with.”

The player continued … “I feel the NFL isn’t ready for people to be open about it. Or the General Managers for that matter.”

Despite those opinions, the player says he believes Sam DID get a fair shot to make a team — “I just don’t think he performed well.”

What do you think?

Gay Athletes

15 thoughts on “Bisexual NFL Player Speaks Out Against Michael Sam

1. C.A.A. on said:

Hey pal you are making “MILLIONS”!!!!!!! Get a grip and move on. By the way There is something called “JUDGEMENT DAY” about this evil. Ask the Romans.

2. pac4me on said:

TMZ! TMZ! TMZ! Yeah right!!! I wouldn’t trust anything they said about anything! but if this is true why would you (unnamed person) be offended by Sams statement. Being brave is a matter of opinion only and if it doesn’t apply to you, stick with what’s brave for you – hiding and waiting until you’re accepted by all – hmmm not brave to me but do you!

3. Strange thing happened to me last week. Saw two males [their not men] kiss on the TV and almost threw up. Literally. Hope that don’t happen in public.

• pac4me on said:

Oh yeah!! I saw this happen live and I did get sick – just can’t get with the public displays of affection (for straight folks too – sometimes too much is too much)

4. Robert on said:

Idiots when your are apart of the inner group you don’t need to express certain things. The same reason we have the NAACP awards The BET awards and whites say why do they have to have an award just for blacks. Idiots it’s because their the inner group, so they like you all don’t get it.

5. William on said:

Bottom line… He is not a good player and truly lacks the skills. It was obvious when he was at NFL Combine and many were not impressed. Teams skipped over him because of his lack of skills and it had nothing to do with his sexuality (end of story). To me, it seems that Mr. Sam will start outing other NFL gay players because he didn’t cut it or they are not helped helping him to get on a NFL team… Mr. Sam, stop the madness and quit playing with “Pandora’s Box”.

6. Tikki, well said. Why do Homosexuals feel the need to anounce their preferences? I just don’t get that. I have not, in all my years, seen an application for a job, house, apartment, or bank account that asks for your sexual preference, yet they always have to announce it. And people like Sams didnt get the kind of response he hoped for, so now he wants company in his misery. Your sexual preference is only important with the one you’re planning to spend time with, the rest of us don’t need or want to know.

• KW, please do not give the gay agenda any ideas. First the military, now marriage, next biology books in schools and churches. We don’t need them to change all applications too.

7. Bi-sexual, and scared to tell the WOMEN they have sex with, then the AIDS virus is transferred to them and other men that might be straight contract the disease. I had a friend that died from aids back in the mid 80’s because of that same STUPID LOGIC..MAN UP TWEETIE PIE

8. Who cares if they are gay or not? Why is it such a big deal? Straight people don’t run around announcing they’re straight? You can wear a big fluffy pink tutu around your house I don’t care as long as you tackle, catch, run, throw, kick and make touchdowns! Do your job and shut the hell up! I just don’t think he was good enough either to make it in the NFL BUT he should have focused on football and not his love life.

9. Brownbronxbaby on said:

I agree ! Okay Ur gay, now what! Ur publicly saying I have sex with another man! Who cares! I have my opinions abt that anyway! But whomever the other NFL player is, He said I told my closet family and friends & that’s it, ! He said that’s he’s business! Sammy have a SEAT!!

10. specialt757 on said:

“Just speak for yourself [Sams]. No one else.” He is just trying to remain relevant, I for one am so over him, be gay and take a seat, no one really cares.