The woman tabloids swear is Jay Z’s mistress is finally addressing all of the unsubstantiated reports and unnamed sources with a new song and video, titled “Sorry Mrs. Carter.”
The song from rapper Liv doubles down on her insistence that Jay Z has a wandering eye that definitely landed on her…and for that, she is sorry.
Borrowing from the chorus of Outkast’s “Ms. Jackson,” she sings: “Sorry Mrs. Carter, this is for real.”
Liv claims she and Jay only “connected on some hip hop s**t” and nothing more. At one point, she raps: “F**k f**king to the top, me and Jay never screwed.”
She begins the song by alluding to Beyonce’s rap remix of “Flawless,” saying, “You know what, I was gonna respect you. But since you crossed over into my lane, time to check you.”
“Your man,” she continues, “he likes model chicks. He likes all-naturally-flawless model chicks, like me.”
Elsewhere, she appears to go after both Bey (for failing to keep Jay’s groupies in line) and Jay (for failing to keep Bey in line), rapping: “Why don’t you tell these girls how to be wives? Why don’t you tell these girls how to act around yo’ husband?”
Liv also gets in her share of references to Jay Z and Beyonce songs. Here are just five mentioned in the track:
• “The man? He likes model chicks. He likes all naturally flawless model chicks, like me.”
• “Jigga man, I don’t care if you rap, you got to R-E-S-P-E-C-T.”
• “You got 99 problems, I’m not tryin’ to be one.”
• “Girls can’t run the world fightin’ over men, all my single ladies better keep in mind when them those tables turn you gon’ be the wife.”
• “You out here tellin’ them how to serfbort. Come on, now. Serfborts. Monica Lewinsky. You a married woman.”
What do you think, do you believe her?
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Video Source: YouTube)