Sadly we have to report the dissolution of another union.
They’ve been married for 1o years, but actors Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel have announced they are going their separate ways.
“Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have jointly decided to separate at this time,” reps for the couple informed PEOPLE. “Their primary focus and concern is for their son. We ask that you respect their privacy during this time.”
The now former interracial couple, who are both 42, met as costars in the original production of the Broadway musical “Rent.” In 2003 they married and their son, Walker, was born in 2009.
Interestingly, PEOPLE interviewed Menzel about their marriage earlier this year. She said like most marriages it had its ups and downs.
“We work at it,” she said. “I’m not going to glamorize it or glorify it – we go through tough times like everybody else, but we love each other very much. We try not to be away from each other for more than two weeks at a time, and we try to find new ways to communicate.”
As we reported earlier, Diggs, who’s currently starring in the hit film “Best Man Holiday,” took to Twitter to defend himself from false negative comments about black women
Here’s what he DID NOT say:
“Let’s just say it’s not a stereotype that black women are less submissive and harder to deal with. Being around all them black women made me really miss my wife”
The false quote actually came from a parody called CreamBPM. Here’s his response:
“Regarding the preposterous quote about black women: It is false. I have not and would never say such a thing. Ever. Period.”
When Swirling Goes Wrong
22 photos Launch gallery
1. Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa
Source:Amber Rose Instagram
1 of 22
2. Lamar & Khloe
2 of 22
3. Paula and Robin
3 of 22
4. Amber Rose and Kanye West
4 of 22
5. Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn
5 of 22
6. Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel
6 of 22
7. Halle Berry & Gabrielle Aubry
7 of 22
8. Coco & Ice- T
8 of 22
9. Garcelle Beauvais & Michael Nilon
9 of 22
10. Heidi Klum & Seal
10 of 22
11. Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley
11 of 22
12. Tiger Woods & Elin Nordegren
12 of 22
13. Jennifer Lopez and Diddy
13 of 22
14. Kim Kardashian & Reggie Bush
14 of 22
15. Tony Parker & Eva Longoria
15 of 22
16. 50 Cent & Chelsea Handler
16 of 22
17. Dennis Rodman and Michelle Rodman
17 of 22
18. Shar Jackson & Kevin Federline
18 of 22
19. Kim Kardashian & Miles Austin
19 of 22
20. Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra
20 of 22
21. Zoe Saldana and Keith Britton
21 of 22
22. Cheryl Cole and Ashley Cole
22 of 22
Bald & Buff Celebrity Men
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Terry Crews is known for his muscles and bald head.
1 of 16
2. Boris Kodjoe is a beautiful, bald man.
2 of 16
3. It really doesn't matter what Dwayne Johnson does to his head, we love it all.
3 of 16
4. Taye Diggs hair began receding pretty early, luckily he went with this look.
4 of 16
5. Tyrese has been one of our favorite bald men since his 'Sweet Lady' days.
5 of 16
6. Well we knew Ne-yo was bald, but who knew he was BUFF?
6 of 16
7. Michael Jordan may not be as buff as his playing days but he's not too bad for his age.
7 of 16
8. Sometimes Terrell Owens tries to grow his hair out, but bald is best.
8 of 16
9. Chad Johnson has always rocked a bald hair-do.
9 of 16
10. Samuel L. Jackson is definitely bald and we think he's in pretty good shape too.
10 of 16
11. Djimon Hounsou rocks the bald look all too well.
11 of 16
12. Romany Malco kills the bald and buff look. Have you seen 'Think Like A Man'?
12 of 16
13. Common has always had this look and never fails to impress!
13 of 16
14. Morris Chestnut giving us life with his bald and chiseled look!
14 of 16
15. Shemar Moore has always been buff but he' also joined the bald club and he's looking good!
15 of 16
16. L.L Cool J with his bald and buff self!
16 of 16