Even if, like me you didn’t actually sit through MTV’s Video Music Awards, it would have been difficult for you to escape seeing at least a snippet of Miley Cyrus’ performance.  From social media to the school carpool lines, the conversation ranged from shock to utter disgust.

Many of us saw it coming.

For the past few years the former star of the Disney Channel’s mega hit Hannah Montana has, been as some would put it “showing her behind,” literally and figuratively.  It’s probably a combination of having too much money and fame at a young age while searching for independence, identity, acceptance, and maybe even the good kind of attention from anyone willing to tell her that she went too far on stage Sunday night.

But instead, everyone will continue to talk and tweet and yes blog which only gives more publicity to her and the VMAs.

It’s like our disgust somehow makes us feel superior but it really does no one any good.

The people who produce the MTV VMAs are not interested at all in whether or not you or I approve of what Miley did.  In fact, they’re probable hoping and praying that next year’s performance is even more controversial.

The VMAs had a TV-14-D-L rating which means it was inappropriate for kids under 14 and had suggestive dialogue and language.  Expecting nothing but wholesome entertainment from MTV is like expecting to order ham from a vegan restaurant. It just make no sense.

And really, neither does outrage or embarrassment.   Sometimes things that are so extreme have their way of swinging so far that all they can do is come back the other way.  We saw it with the “wives” era or reality television.

After so much cursing, slapping and glass throwing, the audience started to have enough. The audiences had seen enough of women behaving worse than the rowdiest middle school girls. And as a result, the ratings are down, the shock value is gone and soon so will many of those shows.  It wasn’t because of our open letters to the producers or our outrage, it’s mostly because the most of the people who loved it are now bored with it.

And by the look at the faces of Miley’s peers as she gyrated and made sexually suggestive motions with a foam finger, they are pretty much done too.

Moms and dads are supposed to be appalled at the VMAs, or at least pretend to be appalled in front of their children, church members, etc., so MTV accomplished that goal. But when Rihanna and Drake and members of One Direction look at Miley and shake their heads, that’s a problem.

In entertainment the one thing that makes a bigger impact than love or hate is indifference.  The teens I know were more bored than intrigued and that might mean the beginning of the end for Miley.

14 thoughts on “Give Up the Act Miley, Before It’s Too Late

1. I used to be suggested this blog via my cousin. I’m no longer positive whether this put up is written via him as no one else understand such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful! Thanks!

2. truthshallsetyoufree on said:

Fifty and Phune — to bad their is no easy cure for your racism.
    however Miley sucks and needs to retire. She makes all of America Look bad.

3. FIFTY AND PHUNE on said:

It’s amazing that no one has called her a hoe or slut publicaty. If this was a black woman she will be called the worst thing that ever was and yall know it. I bet Janet Jackson is at home ROTFLMAO. They even had a congressional hearing when Ms. Jackson had her accident. I am glad Miley did that she showed the whole world how white women really act.

• JanCorey on said:

There is no black women that can compete with Miley because black women are all to fat compared to little Miley, boy, she’s hot.

• If a flat “ironing board” butt that was sagging and flopping all over the stage is hot, I need to have a sex change and buy new glasses. I guess it’s hot if you like a jelly butt!

• JanCorey on said:

PinkPoodle, good luck on your upcoming new pair of glasses and your upcoming sex-change-operations, God Bless.

4. JanCorey on said:

Miley did a great job and the only people that didn’t approve of her performance are those that are simply jealous of her and how great she actually did.

• pac4me on said:

Jealous??? Oh Please – jealous of some young girl dancing sexually in front of God and everybody else with a very married older man and using her foam finger to make other sexual suggestions – Jealous? I think not though I feel sorry for her & you too if you think what she’s demonstrating is a great performance – the girl is out of control

• JanCorey on said:

Yes, Pac4me, you are clearly jealous of Miley. I thought see looked fantastic!!!!!!

• JanCorey on said:

Don’t feel sorry for Miley and me, feel sorry for your apparent ignorance of not knowing a good thing when it presents itself to you. God Bless.