Usually a curse word uttered on live television would get the FCC all riled up and itching to level huge fines. But in the wake of the Boston bombings and subsequent manhunt, FCC chairman Julius Genachowski made a rare exception.
Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz slipped an f-bomb into a speech broadcast live before Saturday’s home game against the Kansas City Royals.
“This is our f—ing city, and nobody’s going to dictate our freedom,” he said. [Watch below.]
Genachowski later tweeted from the verified FCC account: @FCC: David Ortiz spoke from the heart at today’s Red Sox game. I stand with Big Papi and the people of Boston – Julius.
HUH?! Celebrities Say the Dumbest Things
1. Gilbert ArenasSource:AP 1 of 19
2. Kanye WestSource:AP 2 of 19
3. Matt DamonSource:PR 3 of 19
4. Naya RiveraSource:PR 4 of 19
5. Britney Spears5 of 19
6. Suge Knight6 of 19
7. Robert DeNiro7 of 19
8. Geraldo Rivera8 of 19
9. Rush Limbaugh9 of 19
10. Rashard Mendenhall on Osama Bin Laden:10 of 19
11. CeeLo Green11 of 19
12. Alec Baldwin12 of 19
13. Mitt Romney13 of 19
14. Kirk Cameron offended the gay community.14 of 19
15. Jamie Foxx made fun of Miley Cyrus on his radio show.15 of 19
16. Isaiah Washington offended a colleague as well as the gay community.16 of 19
17. Chris Brown used homophobic slurs and he just offends everyone.17 of 19
18. Tracy Morgan went a little crazy with his anti-gay rants.18 of 19
19. Mel Gibson deserves a dishonorable mention! He ain't prejudice, he hates everybody!19 of 19