shaun-king-small

It has now been two weeks since our country elected Donald Trump as the next President of the United States. I have to admit that 14 days later, it’s still painful to accept that we are going from President Barack Obama to President Donald Trump.

In fact, if anything at all is clear, it should be that the only reason in the world we have a Donald Trump presidency is because he is a direct response from white America to our first Black President.

But this morning, I come bearing solutions.

As I’ve traveled the country over these past two weeks, so many people have told me that they just don’t know what to do. The truth is that virtually nobody, including Donald Trump himself, was prepared for a Donald Trump presidency. We all knew what to do to stop him from becoming President, and most of you listening did your part with that, but nobody was really prepared for how to respond if he actually won.

So, this morning I want to give you five very simple action steps to help you begin to fight back against Donald Trump.

#1. Be well-informed.

Hear me, I’m not encouraging any of you to be obsessed with the news right now. That’s not healthy, but I also want to caution you from completely checking out. I get it. I hate watching news about Donald Trump, but find some journalists you trust, on television or online or on social media, find those few voices who you know keep it all the way real, and make sure you stay well-informed.

#2. Refuse to normalize the ugliness of Donald Trump and his administration.

We must call bigots out for their bigotry.

We must call racists out for their racism.

We must call sexists out for their sexism.

We must call out those who hate Muslims & Jews for their Islamophobia and Anti-Semitism.

What we are witnessing right now is Donald Trump and his team attempting to normalize and mainstream many people, policies, and practices which should not be mainstream. For instance, this weekend at a federal building in Washington DC, a group of Neo-Nazis who are friends with Donald Trump’s new Chief Strategist, Steve Bannon, were literally filmed doing Nazi Salutes, saying “Hail Trump.”

We cannot let this ugliness go unchecked. Hate crimes are rising all over the country because of this ugliness. We cannot normalize the bigotry of Trump or his supporters.

#3. Ask your city to become a sanctuary city and for your local public schools, colleges, and universities to become sanctuary institutions.

A beautiful movement is forming all across this country, including right here in New York City, where mayors, public schools, colleges, and even police departments are saying that if or when Donald Trump creates a mass deportation plan for millions of undocumented immigrants, cities are saying they simply will not participate. They are becoming sanctuary cities and are openly saying they will refuse to assist Donald Trump’s administration in any basic ways at enforcing such a plan.

Demand that your city become a sanctuary city. Demand that your local schools, from elementary school all the way to college, refuse to participate in any plan to deport students or break up families. We must impede this.

#4. Demand that your congressional representatives – in the House and the Senate, even if they are Republicans, prepare to do everything in their power to prevent Donald Trump from enacting destructive policies.

The most effective way to get the attention of your Congressperson is by calling their office. Some friends of mine have built a very simple website for you to use to help you find the direct phone number for the office of your Congressperson.

Here it is: UseCallToAction.com

They also have a basic script you can use, but feel free to speak in your own words to let them know your concerns about Trump and how you expect them to stand strong.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST and I’ll end with this.

#5. We must boycott companies with founders, CEOs, and owners who are key supporters of Donald Trump.

On December 5th, I am launching a boycott of cities and companies who support police brutality, but we must do the same thing with companies who support Donald Trump. When our vote doesn’t do what we need it to do, we must make our dollars do the talking.

We’ve built a website to expose the companies who helped elect Donald Trump and you can see them for yourself @ www.TheDJTR.com  and decide to pull your money from any company that backs this man.

We are not helpless.

God Bless You!

18 thoughts on “Five Action Steps To Fight Back Against Donald Trump

1. da824895 on said:

gfhgI get Paid over £80 per hour working from home with 2 kids at house. I Never thought I would be able to do it but my best friend earns over £9185 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.
    ……..>>>>>> http://goo.gl/sr9tkE

2. Stand strong people, do not allow these trolls to come in and try to fill your head with that nonsense. This doesn’t even sound remotely like someone from our community. this is rhetoric taken directly from one of the neo-Nazi web sites. they build fake black twitter accounts to try and spread this kind of crap throughout our community and BAW is also a prime target. So no oma Tekoa, nobody is falling for the okey doke on this one. You will not sell that “trump loves you and wants to help you” crap here and you will not disparage the writer, so keep it moving.

3. candicemcguire on said:

2″I quit my office job and now I am getting paid 92 Dollars hourly. How? I work-over interneet! My old work was making me miserable, so I was to try-Something different. 2 years after…I can say my life is changeed completely for the better!

Check it out what i do……… http://www.jobmax6.com

4. Don’t allow yourself to be influenced by the clowns in our nation who are teaching you to become a rebellious people, it is a dishonor to God, the President elect has called for unity and that is what we should strive for, Al Sharpton wants to protest a few days before Donald Trump will be sworn in, I pity those who follow his lead.

• Take you and this crap back to the pathetic neo-Nazi group you came from and quit trolling the site. No one is hearing this nonsense so keep it moving. Terrorist indeed, you pity whoever follows Al Sharpton, gtfoh.

5. nico4lewelch on said:

……..>>>>>> http://www.jobmax6.com

6. I was optimistic about George Bush so I will extend the same optimistic attitude with Donald Trump. We don’t know what is going to happen under Trump but I got this feeling that it’s going to be different from the past. Republicans all but threw him under the bus now they are scrambling to get in his good graces and I don’t think The Donald is going to play by their rules.

7. THERE WILL BE NO FIGHTING AGAINST PRESIDENT ELECT DONALD TRUMP, WE WILL NOT BECOME TERRORIST IN OUR NATION AND COMMUNITIES, HE IS A PUBLIC SERVANT FIRST THAT WE WILL HOLD ACCOUNTABLE TO DO THE RIGHT THING IN WHICH HE WILL. STOP LISTENING TO THOSE WHO WANT TO CREATE HAVOC.

8. M E Ferguson on said:

Trump has shown who he is from the beginning of the Birther Movement to the grabbing of women’s genitals. Don’t be deceived, if it walks like duck and it quacks like a duck, it’s a duck.

9. Sylvania Driver on said:

I agree this nightmare still linger wake up each morning with lots. Of concern for this Country , When WHite nationalist are allowed to hold meeting in Washington and salute their President with NAZI signs this Country is in deep trouble , Not one racist Conservative is outrage with that event , But let BLM open their mouths then everyone of those racist are crying blood thinking the attacks are near !!!

10. Oma Tekoa on said:

Absolute nonsense! Why not try 5 steps to getting the best for the black community after Obama failed to improve our lot? What a dumb ass write up. What makes you think, we, as African-Americans did not pray for and vote for Trump who has pledged to develop our City and provide jobs? Get a brain please.

• We took it for granted that you would use the God given brain you had…
      …Obama did what he could with the Republican obstructionist party that vowed to destroy him the minute he got into office.
      And the brain you had told you it made sense to vote for the very group of people who stopped progress-now who needs to get a brain?

• oma Tekoa on said:

Kay, you should learn to see things as they really are and make the best of it. There were many good things Obama could have done without the need for approval froma Republican congress. For one, Obamacare has been a bit of a disaster, to put it mildly, (my grand-mother pays more now under Obamacare for her medication) but we have the your kind blaming everything under the sun on the Republicans and race. This is why it is very difficult for our community to make any real progress. Even the Latinos have done better over the years than we have in terms of developing their community and their businesses. What have we to show for the last 8 years? We now have Trump, whether we hate him or not and he will preside over our affairs, the earlier we start to build bridges to get the best from our community from that Administration, the better for us. Therefore, this article is most unhelpful and I strongly condemn it in that regard. It is senseless to advocate such a point of view considering where we are as a people in the current state of affairs. So, the writer really needs to get a brain. That`s all.