If you haven’t heard “I got greens, beans, potatoes, tomatoes” in the last week, then you must be living under rock.

The viral clip which features gospel icon Shirley Caesar has fueled thousands of memes across the internet (See here) with people taking their shot at creating the funniest video to go along with the catchy tune.

Luckily for us, The Willie Moore Jr. Show talked with her exclusively and not to our surprise, she is a good sport, even giving us a live version of the song!

Check it out below.

Follow The Willie Moore Jr. Show on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter

26 thoughts on “Shirley Caesar Responds to #UNameItChallenge, Does Live Version On-Air! [EXCLUSIVE]

1. mariannefigueroa on said:

I get Paid over £80 per hour working from home with 2 kids at house. I Never thought I would be able to do it but my best friend earns over £9185 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.

……..>>>>>> http://www.jobmax6.com

2. sylviafletcher on said:

……..>>>>>> http://www.jobmax6.com

3. Trolanda Cobbs on said:

DON’T TRY TO BE SO DEEP TOO FAST,SIT BACK AND WATCH WHAT GOD CAN DO. NO HARM WAS DONE JUST A THANKSGIVING JOKE… LAST TIME I CHECK MY BIBLE IT RWAD MAKE A JOYFUL NOSIE UNTO THE LORD SERVE THE LORD WITH GLADNESS,COME BEFORE THE LORD WITH THANKSGIVING IN OUR HEARTS TRI IT IS HE THAT HAS MADE US AND NOT WE OURSELVES…. LET THESE KIDS BE KIDS HUSH BEFORE YOU RUN THEM AWAY… YOU DO KNOW WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT RUN KIDS AWAY RIGHT

4. Hattie Mason on said:

It is an amazing composition. Hold my mule is one of my favorite inspirational songs. What makes this song great is that is speaking to us right now. Those dignified church goers who can clap their hands or move their feet to praise God, and trying to block others from expressing how much they love the Lord for the many blessings on their life. It was just a job well done. I play it at least twice a day

5. I love that we are getting a relief from all the negative things.Ilove Mrs Caesar she will and always be my Gospel leader in songs.God Bless American..

6. Gill Harris on said:

They’re not respecting the gospel. Theyre just using that little snip from her video and probably dont know what the song is really about. You church folks just love the world and cant let it go. Thats why no lives are being saved because you compromise yourselves everyday. The bible says come out from amongst them and be ye seperate. Not join in and party with them. Smh

• Karen Hill on said:

Yes I love to laugh as a cheerful heart is good medicine..and my family thought it was hilarious. Deep folk do drown..

• Charles smith on said:

Lighten up. If you’re not going to explain it, get your uber religious nose out the air. You’re not that deep. And you don’t own the patent on respect for the Gospel either. Let these kids enjoy the music and let the Lord do the work.

• The gospel is the good news. Gospel musics heralds the good news. The use of this song provides a platform and interest for which she can share the gospel with those who might not otherwise seek it. They are having fun. There aren’t any dirty or inappropriate lyrics infused into it.

• That’s exactly what I was thinking.. God judges the heart of man. And the bible says some plant, and some water… we don’t know if God is drawing people through something that appears to be mockery or foolishness.. let God be God all by himself..

• Gill is right. I saw the memes. I laughed. I kept it moving. My teenage sons saw the memes laughed and kept it moving. My husband saw the memes, laughed and kept it moving. I didn’t even know it was Shirley Caesar until this story. And I’ll bet dollars to donuts in today’s world very few outside of a select few know who Shirley Caesar is. These memes did motivate me, my kids or hubby to Google Shirley Ceasar. But it did motivate us to look up more hilarious memes. What am I saying? Stop shutting down views that are different than your own without validating the fact that their maybe some truth there. How can you reach or teach the world the Gospel if you won’t even pay attention and accept to the fact that the world may not be listening anymore.

• Shannon Moore on said:

Actually…that snippett has cause people to go and actually look for the entire song…and the whole video has veen trebdubg as well…its not that deep…Christians gotta laugh too…

• If we reach just ONE, right?! So just because YOU didn’t google Shirley Ceasar doesn’t mean ONE didn’t. This “holier than thou” attitude is the very reason people look down on Christians. It’s not our job to be judgmental. The devil got no glory in this so don’t let him.

• Cynthia on said:

Everybody has a right to their own opinion and I meant their own opinion
      …buy that doesn’t mean your opinion is right. When I was not saved I listen to Shirley Caesar songs and God saved me. Some so called church folk are so heavenly bound till they are no earthly good

7. LOVE it. Saw quite a few and I think it is great to see young people embracing Pastor Shirley’s song. Maybe they will listen to more of her songs. My kids and grandkids have even viewed some.The idea is “first we have to get their attention, then we can draw them to Christ through love and kindness”. Glad they look to her as grandma. Love you Pastor Shirley. I’ve been a fan of yours for years.

8. Elder Maurice Sanders on said:

I love to see that the Gospel still have the attention of our youth. I more happy to see that Pastor Caesar did not rebuke them but embraced the changes in generational music.

9. Donnie McClurkin on said:

I LOVE the WILLIE MOORE JR SHOW!!!

He’s just naturally gifted and anointed to reach ppl!
    @williemoorejr …I’m listening daily! God bless you and use you to bring JESUS and great music to the generations!!!!
    Donnie McClurkin