Joseline Hernandez is finally admitting what most of us already know — that her marriage to Stevie J was a sham.
The “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” star, who is pregnant with Stevie’s baby, revealed the not so shocking news in her paternity and child support petition. According to Bossip, who obtained copies of the petition, she and Stevie were only in a “long term romantic relationship” but were never married, despite making the claim on the hit reality show and their spinoff.
HipHopDX notes that Hernandez filed the petition in Georgia where she and Stevie lived as fake husband and wife. According to Hernandez, the two hooked up in April despite having called it quits. Neither of them thought to use birth control, so naturally she became pregnant with their first child together. Hernandez said she’s due early January. Steve, who is now in a relationship with singer Faith Evans (allegedly), denies being the baby daddy.
Hernandez claims her former lover has financially and emotionally abandoned her, and she’s asking the courts for a DNA test to prove paternity so he will be forced to help pay her medical and single motherhood expenses.
This isn’t the first time Joseline and Stevie have received the side-eye about their “marriage.” Back in June, he posted an Instagram video informing everyone that Joseline was never his wife. “I’m not your husband,” he said in the now-deleted video. “Never have been and never will be.” On Season 5 of “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” Stevie also explained that he lied about being married because he wanted to make Joseline happy.
Steve reportedly has 30 days to respond to Hernandez’s claims or a judge may rule against him by default. They are due in court next month for a status conference.
2016: The Year of Celeb Births, Pregnancies, Engagements, & Weddings
1. Tika SumpterSource:AP 1 of 22
2. Tiny and TI gave birth to their seventh child, Heiress.Source:Instagram 2 of 22
3. Ray J and Princess Love got married in AugustSource:Instagram 3 of 22
4. Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon got engaged in AugustSource:Instagram 4 of 22
5. Kevin and Eniko got married in August.Source:Instagram 5 of 22
6. Donnie McClurkin and Nicole C. Mullen got engaged in AugustSource:Twitter 6 of 22
7. Marsha AmbrosiusSource:Instagram 7 of 22
8. Kerry WashingtonSource:PR 8 of 22
9. Angela SimmonsSource:Instagram 9 of 22
10. Jurnee Smollett BellSource:PR 10 of 22
11. Coco and Ice TSource:Instagram 11 of 22
12. Tatyana AliSource:Facebook 12 of 22
13. Draya and Orlando ScandrickSource:Instagram 13 of 22
14. Blac Chyna and Rob KardashianSource:Instagram 14 of 22
15. Kandi BurrussSource:Instagram 15 of 22
16. Ciara and Russell WilsonSource:Instagram 16 of 22
17. Adrienne and Chris BoshSource:Instagram 17 of 22
18. Teyana Taylor and Iman ShumpertSource:PR Photos 18 of 22
19. Grace Gealey and Trai ByersSource:Instagram 19 of 22
20. Tyra BanksSource:Instagram 20 of 22
21. Chrissy TeigenSource:PR 21 of 22
22. Melanie FionaSource:Instagram 22 of 22
(Photo Source: PR Photos)