CHICAGO (AP) — Chance the Rapper has led hundreds of people from a concert he headlined through Chicago’s business district and to an early voting site.
Chance and other entertainers performed Monday afternoon at Petrillo Music Shell in Grant Park. The event sponsored by his nonprofit group Social Works was geared toward millennial voters, who have been crucial in recent elections.
Afterward, Chance led the crowd through rush-hour traffic to the voting site, where a long line of voters was already waiting to cast ballots. Chance went inside the polling place and voted.
Officials said anyone in line by 7 p.m. local time would be allowed to vote.
Illinois’ State Board of Elections says nearly 1.3 million people cast in-person early ballots through Sunday, surpassing turnout in previous presidential contests.
Presidential Election 2016: Celebrity Endorsements
1. Azealia BanksSource:Twitter 1 of 14
2. Beyonce for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 2 of 14
3. Snoop Dogg for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 3 of 14
4. Jennifer Lopez for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 4 of 14
5. Kerry Washington for Hillary ClintonSource:AP 5 of 14
6. Uzo AdubaSource:Twitter 6 of 14
7. John Legend for Hillary ClintonSource:PR Photos 7 of 14
8. Killer MikeSource:Instagram 8 of 14
9. Katy PerrySource:Instagram 9 of 14
10. Kim Kardashian WestSource:Instagram 10 of 14
11. TISource:Instagram 11 of 14
12. K. MichelleSource:Instagram 12 of 14
13. Britney SpearsSource:Instagram 13 of 14
14. Kendall Jenner for Hillary ClintonSource:Instagram 14 of 14
(Photo Source: AP)