Dr. Dre is throwing down the proverbial gauntlet. And you know whenever you read or hear the that phrase being used, you know somebody means business. And that’s exactly what the deal is with this story. The super producer and the man behind the “Beats” headphones is not playing.

Dre has delivered a clear threat over the upcoming TV movie “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” that shows him beating his ex (Michel’le) senseless. The bottom line is that he’s saying loud and clear that he’ll  sue if the film airs this coming weekend.

As we’ve reported, the Lifetime network is set to air “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” from Sony – a production that depicts Dre as a woman beater. TMZ is reporting that Dre’s legal team sent a cease and desist letter … demanding the studio back off, if it doesn’t want to end up in court.

In the letter, Dre flatly denies ever abusing Michel’le.  The latter makes reference to the fact that they dated around 30 years ago and she never hinted at abuse or any type of violent behavior on his part. The letter also says she never sought medical treatment or filed a police report.

In the movie, Dre’s character pulls on the R&B songstress’ hair, hits her in the face and pulls out a gun on her.

Dre’s attorneys have also warned Michel’le to back off.

Michel’le, on the other hand, spoke about the alleged abuse, as well as her history of substance abuse, in an interview with The Huffington Post last week.

“When you’re living in it, you can’t see it. But I couldn’t believe that I was really living like that,” she told the website. “And it really resonated with me. Never did I wake up and ask Dre, ‘Why did you hit me?’”

“Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” is scheduled to premiere on Lifetime on Saturday, Oct. 15. Actress Rhyon Nicole Brown stars as Michel’le in the film, while actor Curtis Hamilton plays Dre.

(Photo Source: AP)

21 thoughts on “Dr. Dre Threatens To Sue If Michel’e Biopic Airs

1. Imjustsaying on said:

The fact that no one that she has said was present for some of the beatings, such as Ice Cube and the other members of NWA, and the “Wrecking Cru” producer, has yet to say that she is lying and to come to Dr. Dre’s defense. He beat the dog shyt out of Dee Barnes, and she sued him. He publicly apologized for beating women after the Straight Out of Compton movie came out, so to think that she is lying is absurd. He told his story with “Straight,” so why can she not tell her story! She was an integral part of NWA, and her contribution was totally disregarded in the movie. I’m sure he did make a change, and good for him, but he did what he did, and I fully believe he beat her!

2. Teresa on said:

Since she’said hurting for cash and Dre’s not he should have come up off some of that loot. I’m sure no one would have ever found out about this 30 year old dirty little secret.

3. Eric Haynes on said:

Interesting how all of you women are quick to assume he did! If it’s true, why didn’t she file ANY police reports? I don’t agree w/ domestic violence but where’s the proof??!!! Stop male bashing on assumptions w/ out proof!!!

4. Good luck,your exwife(Michel’le) is telling a different approach to this film. Maybe she’s still bitter over something……………………………………………………………………………………..LOVE YOURSELF

5. Lady C on said:

Looking forward to seeing the movie. Nice to see a female artist (a good one at that) from back in the day cash in on telling her story. If Ice Cube can do it, why can’t she?

6. Sparkle on said:

It’s so sad, men have been beating us for years and he knows this. Again you are a coward and I would never buy anything you make, meaning songs or equipment. DOOOOG!!

7. He is no longer in a position to physically beat her, so now he threatens to use his “beats” money to beat her. What a coward and a sorry excuse for a man.

8. Barbara Dates on said:

Why ya’ll made a movie on NWA, besides it’s her life story and if you hadn’t beat the shit out of her you wouldn’t be concerned about the bio. The truth hurts doesn’t it. Asshole!

9. leadjustone on said:

I believe her. If he thinks getting the movie cancelled will change anybody’s mind about him, he’s got another think coming. Don’t try to hide behind the picture of the perfect family man. Face up to what you did. Admit it, and ask her for forgiveness. Won’t hold my breath….

10. BabyCate on said:

I totally believe he physical abused her. She has no reason to lie about that. Dre is all bent out of shape and threatening to sue. Truth is he doesn’t want the world to know how mean and nasty he was. Michel’le was to afraid of Dre to report the abuse. I (unfortunately) had to listen to my neighbor being beaten half to death by her boyfriend and I took it upon myself to call the police (although I didn’t want to get involved). Two days later she let him move back in with her. I resolved then to mind my business. It happened again this past weekend and all I could do was lay there and listen to her being hit and thrown around at 2:00am. It pained me terribly but some women have such a fear that they will put up with abuse. Sad but true! I give Michel’le credit for exposing Dre for what is did to her.

11. redbone1954 on said:

If it did not happen then why should you care if the story is told? Didn’t he assault some other woman in public? So why would we not believe it? You can’t defend a lie. The truth stands on it’s own

12. I believe it, she was too scared to tell. His comments that she never filed a report or got any treatment? There are millions of women stuck in that fearful cycle! That proves how he really feels about physical abuse towards women!

13. He beat the crap out her and then go get a white woman and treat her like a queen; wants to be viewed as this upstanding guy. Please P.O.S