According to polls from conservative sites like Drudge and Breitbart Trump won.
According to neutral polls like a CNN/ORC poll Clinton won 62 to 27 percent.
And even some Fox News hosts are saying Hillary Clinton won the night and she controlled the ball.
The candidates covered a lot of ground last night from trade to terror.
But let’s discuss the moments that are of particular interest this audience of black folks who are listening this morning because after all Trump has spent a lot of time supposedly reaching out to people of color.
Let’s take a look at the birther issue first.
Lester Holt, the debate moderator, asked Trump why for years he continued to promote a false narrative that President Obama wasn’t born in the United States.
Trump pivoted to the same untrue talking point that Hillary Clinton started the birther movement, and then falsely stated that Clinton’s former campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle admitted a few weeks ago on CNN.
Luckily CNN had Patti Solis Doyle on last night to explain.
“It is absured what Donald Trump just said… promoting it or perpetuating it. That’s called shutting it down.”
When pressed several times by Holt during the debate Trump would not apologize nor explain his reason for finally admitting the President was born here.
He just doubled down saying he finished the issue by getting the President to do something Hillary Clinton couldn’t, produce his birth certificate.
Now let’s get to stop and frisk.
Trump stated again that the unconstitutional tactic was a crime killer instead of a form of racial profiling.
“Stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York….. no the argument is that we have to take the guns away from these people who are bad people and shouldn’t have them.”
Still, facts didn’t matter to Mr. Trump in that case either.
And when asked by Lester Holt what he would say to African Americans about racial healing, Trump defiantly said he would say nothing and congratulated himself again for getting President Obama to produce his birth certificate.
And with that do I really need to write or say another word?
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Donald Trump Stumbles Again On Black Issues At Debate