whitlockfoxsportsyoutube

The hate for San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick‘s protest of the national anthem just got another co-signer: Fox Sports commentator Jason Whitlock. On Friday he said Kaepernick “didn’t start a movement. He started a fad.”

You see, as far as Whitlock is concerned, Kaepernick’s supposed concern over police brutality in the U.S. is nothing but what he calls a “hot take.”

“The whole police brutality thing is a hot take,” he said. “Everybody loves a hot take because it is good for clicks, retweets, likes and popularity and relevancy.”

As we’ve reported, Kaepernick has declined to stand during the national anthem. The QB’s stance on the issue has sparked outrage across the U.S. and has polarized sports fans and pundits. And of course it’s riled up police agencies from coast to coast.

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick said to NFL.com. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Whitlock dismissed the argument, saying that police violence against Americans of color is not as important as the number of murders per capita in the city of Chicago.

He compared the odds of getting killed by police to “getting hit by lightning.”

“Five hundred people have been killed in Chicago already,” he said. “No one is talking about that.”

“Getting killed by a cop is very hard,” he insisted. “And if you don’t run from ’em, it’s damn near impossible.”

(Photo Source: Fox Sports YouTube)

18 thoughts on “Fox Sports’ Whitlock: ‘Kaepernick Didn’t Start A Movement, He Started A Fad’

1. americanize on said:

This is not the first time this bootlicker,has said something stupid about black folks.We as black folks just have to chalk some of these negroes to the game.

2. AA Woman.. Sometimes I will read your blog and become very emotional but then I calm down and re-read what you write. You do have and make very valid points in your blogs.
    I, like you, have had to defend myself from my own people because I may have a different view of the issue. Some of us cannot or are unwilling to listen to anyone but themselves and those who agree with them.

3. African American Woman on said:

Good point Richard…however, please answer this for me…now the police kill hundreds is people per year, yet only a small percentage of them are black…what excuses do you offer for the non-black people who are killed by police? Since black people don’t represent the majority of people shot or killed by police-where’s the sure fire racism claim?

4. Citizen to Citizen crime is different than institutional prejudice and crimes committed by people who job it is to protect and serve. If I am subject to violence committed by another citizen I should have the recourse to have justice served by the Police and City Attorney’s. However if they are against me as well then now I am without hope. When people in authority positions are against us it leads to a lack of hope. Who is there to ensure justice is served for us. How can one ever feel free if we do not feel our lives matter. This is no different than in the 60’s when we were hung by white folks and they never held accountable.

5. Shar-Ronn Crawford on said:

Maybe I missed something, but what has Whitlock done. While hes down playing Colin. Black man please have several seats.

6. “You have Hillary who has called black teens or black kids super predators who has deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn’t make sense to me because if that was any other person you’d be in prison. So, what is this country really standing for?” another quote from Mr. Kaepernick something else for his admirers to agree with

7. African American Woman on said:

I agree with Whitlock. Everyone’s experiences in life are different and I’m not dismissing anyone’s belief if they feel like they are oppressed, discriminated or whatever else. Whitlock makes a point that hits so many people as point black obvious-we will burn down our own community when a guy who’s a known criminal gets shot by a police officer (even if the officer is black-guess that takes the racist theory and throws it out), there’s still this stupid idea that no matter how many times a criminal abuses the very people who claim they want to protect him, we don’t say a word or shed a tear when a innocent mother, father, grandparent or, the worst, a baby or child gets gunned down by the same type of folks who have these run-ins with the police. I believe for that fact, many people (black) will not jump on this ‘Black Lives Matter” crap because, obviously, all black lives DON’T matter and the ones that should are being mowed down on the streets by someone who looks like them…stop that stupidity, start respecting ourselves and others, start valuing education and require only the highest standards of ourselves and others, then crime will fall and there won’t be so many run-in with the police. Too bad that will never happen because that means taking responsibility for ourselves, our families and communities and that would mean no more whining and waiting for the same white man we blame for destroying us to fix us and far too many of us loves having the perpeptual professional victim title as their career.

• biggirl57 on said:

Your comments are so f**king stupid, if you think it’s about blacks protecting people who commit crime, they go to jail, what about police who commit murder? you buy into this apples and oranges theory. Two different issues. This country has a history of discrimination and you brain washed Negros can’t see it, just because it has not affected you directly. I’m sick of folks like the guy speak in the video and YOU!

• African American Woman on said:

I see that you don’t pay attention you read ver carefully. If you did, you would have seen that I said I don’t discount anyone’s experiences or beliefs with discrimination. I, however, believe everything else I wrote. How come you people who disagree with any black person who doesn’t subscribe to the stays quo, you come back with cuss words and insults? You do know that intelligent people are able to debate intelligently while respecting that everyone does not subscribe to their point of view? Maybe you don’t know that, hmmmm. People, even us black folk, have their own experiences and beliefs. Not all of us feel that our entire lives are in the hands of others. Some of us will push ahead no matter what. We don’t make excuses or blame others when things don’t work out, we take care of our families, value education,and hold ourselves to a higher standard…if you dont, that’s nice, but try not to impose your venom on folks that do.

• Just giving a quick 2 cents on said:

“African American Woman” speaking with intelligence. Big thank you and kudos coming from an intelligent, yet not perfect, black man.