Fresh from signing a production deal with Universal Television, “Ride Along” producer Will Packer has sold his fourth project for the small screen.
NBC has given a script commitment to an untitled female buddy-cop project from Packer and “Gossip Girl” alum Amanda Lasher, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The dramedy is described as a “light” female buddy show about two LAPD homicide detectives whose personal lives are messier than any crime scene…kind of like NBC’s rookie drama “The Mysteries of Laura,” starring Debra Messing as a detective whose personal life is messier than any crime scene.
The drama, which critics have panned, recently earned a vote of confidence from NBC with an order for three additional scripts.
Lasher will write the script and executive produce alongside Packer and his Will Packer Productions head of television Korin Huggins. Universal Television will produce.
This marks Packer’s fourth sale of the season. It joins DJ Nash comedy “#PeopleAreTalking,” semi-autobiographical half-hour “Like Father, Like Son” and the “Uncle Buck” remake, which has drawn ire from the families of John Candy and John Hughes, according to The Hollywood Reporter. All four are for NBC.
Celebs Representing HBCUs
1. Terrence JSource:Instagram 1 of 25
2. Ruben StuddardSource:Instagram 2 of 25
3. Filmmaker Will Packer attended Florida A&M UniversitySource:Instagram 3 of 25
4. Erykah Badu4 of 25
5. Alice Walker5 of 25
6. Common6 of 25
7. Sean "Diddy" Combs7 of 25
8. Jacque Reid8 of 25
9. Martin Luther King, Jr.9 of 25
10. Nikki Giovanni10 of 25
11. Oprah Winfrey11 of 25
12. Spike Lee12 of 25
13. Taraji P. Henson13 of 25
14. Wanda Sykes14 of 25
15. Wendy Raquel Robinson15 of 25
16. Yolanda Adams16 of 25
17. Tom Joyner17 of 25
18. Keshia Knight-Pulliam18 of 25
19. Lance Gross19 of 25
20. Shaun Robinson20 of 25
21. Thurgood Marshall21 of 25
22. Samuel L. Jackson22 of 25
23. LaTanya Richardson23 of 25
24. Jerry Rice24 of 25
25. Keenan Ivory Wayans25 of 25
(Photo Source: Instagram)