We have a crisis in our country when a white police officer who is sworn to protect and serve his community is charged with boldly preying on eight black women by pulling them over for routine traffic stops, raping and sodomizing them, threatening them with jail or physical harm if they tell, and then return to patrolling the streets as if nothing ever happened.

This crime is beyond heinous, it’s beyond reprehensible and I’m trying to figure out what policies could have prevented Oklahoma Police Officer Daniel Holtzclaw from allegedly perpetrating a series of what I believe are violent hate crimes against African-American women.

Holtzclaw, 27, was charged last week with 16 counts including first-degree rape and sexual battery after being accused of assaulting at least eight Black women while on patrol. He also faces charges of forcible oral sodomy and indecent exposure. Holtzclaw remains in jail on a $5 million cash bond.

It’s deplorable that Holtzclaw may have singled out women for violent sexual acts, but it’s also insidious that he directed his racial hatred specifically toward unsuspecting black women. Holtzclaw is accused of stopping women, who were all Black and between the ages of 34 and 58. Prosecutors say he raped two women and either fondled others or forced them to expose themselves, and police said there may even be more victims.

Holtzclaw told the women that if they didn’t comply, they would be arrested or physically harmed. The first victim to come forward was a 57-year-old grandmother who claimed Holtzclaw forced her to perform oral sex.

“She was so afraid that no one was going to believe her because she’s African-American,” the woman’s attorney, Aletia Timmons, told reporters. Another troubling development: Supporters of Holtzclaw have raised more than $7,000 for his defense. A three-year veteran on the force, Holtzclaw maintains his innocence and claims he did nothing to the eight Black women who have come forward. Friends and family have created a Facebook page called “Justice for Daniel Holtzclaw.”

1 2Next page »

19 thoughts on “COMMENTARY: Oklahoma Cop Charges Another Example of Police Out of Control

1. decpanthers on said:

Honestly if you were so HONEST in your comments white folks are having sex with each other. Last week a actual BROTHER and SISTER were caught having sex with each other. I guess they are trying to keep the food stamp gene all in the family. This happens all of the time it just that this time these fools couldn’t keep their hands off each other they had to bring it outside. You haven’t seen those videos of white women having sex with dogs and white folks all around cheering her on and yet you call us animals. What race smell closer to a horse than any race in the world. WHITE FOLKS. Think about it next time you take a bath. You have to take a bath or you will get lice. Another animal trait.

2. Honestly on said:

Cave n!@@ers are monsters, freaks and savages. These mayonnaise monkeys rape,kill and molest their own women and children for enjoyment. The feces smelling neanderthal apes should have never been let out of the caves of Europe. The world has been cursed ever since.

3. dangerous BlkMan on said:

Look closley at his pic. He looks like he has down syndrom or something. I mean the guy looks really screwed up. How did they let a guy who is obviously retarted a gun. Their is something wrong here. The man is missing a cromosome.

4. VBucGreen on said:

Every race/ethnic group has some bad apple. What I don’t get is people up holding this officer in his wrongs and inhumane actions he inflicted on those women. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong, until people is judged on their character nothing will ever change.

5. This is such a sad example of racism…considering he has a growing fund of financial support just sickens me. We’ve always known that most White folks don’t consider Black people to be human, but a police officer to do something so disgusting and to have support is simply amazing. At this point I almost hope it’s not true…and that maybe he did this to someone white too, as to remove the racial aspect. This speaks volumes of our society. He probably learned this disgusting behavior from a family member when he was a child. That said, we can only hope that the sun will set on the “white power structure” in the very near future! God knows its long overdue.

6. “Hands-Up,Don’t Shoot”

As the object of their fear of
    White genetic annihilation
    All black-people fit the profile
    In a white-supremacy nation.

By:poetDannyQueen
    Copyright 2014
    All rights reserved

7. All white people are not racist just like all black people are not bad, you seem to be the racist here, the world is full of evil people, black, white, yellow etc. Evil doesn’t know a color. Nobody is bothering you, have you been raped, arrested or threatened in any way? You need to take a good look inside yourself and see that the whole world is coming apart in all categories and for all different kinds of reasons. Look to GOD for your answers.

• Timekeeper on said:

I think you are the one who need to look to GOD, because your reply suggests he isnt in your thought process. It never ceases to amaze me that even people with empathy and progressive minded like yourself simply do not get it. You said in your statement that “no one is bothering you? How in the world would you know. That assumption is bigoted all by itself.
      Even if a person of color hasn’t had a personal experience with racism, they probably know someone who has, probably someone very close. Forget about six degrees of seperation, for black people it’s usually one. Rape is about power, it isn’t about sex. That policeman had all the power. Where the hell is your empathy for these women, MARY! They were raped. Or, does it only matter I they were white? Racism, like Rape is also about power. You call black people racist. How is that. They don’t have any of the power. White People Do! That is the difference. Something else you just don’t get. Yes, there is a lot of bad in this world by a lot of different people. But this Rape, and this RACSIM is about power, PWER, POIOWEER, Don’t ever forget that,
      I wish I had a dime for every white friend, co worker, or colleague who has asked me “Is It Really That Bad? Yes, it is, and you will never, see it even thru your liberated eyes. While I am certain you will respond with a defensive rhetort, just know in advance it won’t work. I would suggest you take a moment, and breathe and realize there is some real S—T going on where people of color are concerned and consider that in your remarks. I honestly think you mean well, I really do.
      You just don’t get it. I know that is a hard pill to swallow ‘cause you think you do. But you are missing a Key Ingredient. Which is, You don’t have to live it

• I do get it, I have lived it as well, I haven’t been raped, but I have been robbed and I have been discriminated against because of whom I associate with. I grew up in Southeast DC, I was the only white person in my senior year out of 324 students and you tell me I don’t know what it feels like? I do feel for the women for being raped I do not like violence or condone it. I don’t intend to start an argument with you or anyone else, these forums are for all of us white, black, etc to voice our opinion you are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine lets just keep it at that.

8. Dangerous BlkMan on said:

Why can’t whites repect us as a people. they feel as if we are here just to entertain them. They call us names. They rape our women. They try to turn our young boys into sex toys for them. they use us for shooting practice. They are all racist. why are all white people racist? why can’t they just leave us alone? can someone please answere this for me.

• Do you truly, honestly believe that if all white people all of a sudden disappeared from the face of the earth, black people would live safe, happy lives?

• Yes he does it’s called “blind ideology” never mind that blacks kill ,rape rob each other more than any other minority group, some people seem to think if all white people were gone the US would be a paradise, How’s that working out in Nigeria, or Liberia?