New information has come out proving that the #WeStillComing meme is not at all what it appears to be.
On the surface, it looked like a bunch of guys photo bombed a happy couple in their wedding photos. DeadlineDetroit.com, however, reports that the situation was actually the exact opposite! The bride, groom and their wedding party crashed the set of a rap video.
Photographer Adam Sparkes explained on Facebook that the newlyweds were looking for spot to snap some shots before their reception, and they decided that Michigan Central Station was an ideal backdrop. When they got there, they found the location was already being used to shoot a music video. ““They had a tricked out Monte Carlo and a Cutlass and were in full music video mode,” Adam said.
Although Adam initially had them shooting in a different spot at the location, the music group eventually invited them over. “I asked the groom if he wanted to be famous, and jokingly we yelled, ‘Hey we’re going to be in your video!’ The guys were all laughing and told us to come on over, so we did,” Adam recalled.
“Detroit is an eclectic, diverse place, and a scene where a group of hip-hop kids and a mostly white bridal party [are] yucking it up isn’t that surprising to me at all,” Adam said in conclusion. “Detroit is always full of surprises.”
One of the surprises must be how quickly the hoax caught on with all types of different news outlets!
A Detroit bride had a few more guests than she anticipated after sending a text message to the wrong number.
Always check your contacts before sending out a mass text–especially if you’re using it to invite people to your wedding. People.com reports that a woman named Kristen made the hilarious mistake of inviting a total stranger to her big day/bbq.
One of the recipients was a bit confused by the mass message, and rightfully so! The bride had sent the text to the wrong number. She rescinded the invitation, but it was already too late because the mystery guest was an anticipating a good time.
It didn’t matter to the wedding crashers that the invite wasn’t necessarily meant for them. One of them even replied with, “We still coming.”
And they did! While it’s not clear which of the young men had sent the original reply, he was rolling deep to the wedding! He didn’t just come with one or two friends. Oh no! Him and seven of his homies came out to celebrate the nuptials and jumped in the wedding photos.
As thoroughly entertaining as this has been for the Internet (we’re expecting a flood of memes any day now), there are only two ways to deal with wedding crashers.
Brides magazines that you just let the uninvited guests stick around for the festivities if you know them. Sometimes people forget to send their RSVPs and show up anyway. In this case, it would be awesome luck, if you were having a buffet style reception. If not, it’s not sweat for you, anyway. Caterers only plan for certain number of plates according to head count you provide, but many do prepare extra food (enough to cover five or 10 percent more guests) just in case.
If you don’t know the wedding crashers (and don’t want them there), Brides suggests that you find your biggest, toughest guests and have them escort the strangers out of your celebration. If the wedding crasher happens to be Serena Williams, though, you may to just roll with it.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31