New information has come out proving that the #WeStillComing meme is not at all what it appears to be.
On the surface, it looked like a bunch of guys photo bombed a happy couple in their wedding photos. DeadlineDetroit.com, however, reports that the situation was actually the exact opposite! The bride, groom and their wedding party crashed the set of a rap video.
Photographer Adam Sparkes explained on Facebook that the newlyweds were looking for spot to snap some shots before their reception, and they decided that Michigan Central Station was an ideal backdrop. When they got there, they found the location was already being used to shoot a music video. ““They had a tricked out Monte Carlo and a Cutlass and were in full music video mode,” Adam said.
Although Adam initially had them shooting in a different spot at the location, the music group eventually invited them over. “I asked the groom if he wanted to be famous, and jokingly we yelled, ‘Hey we’re going to be in your video!’ The guys were all laughing and told us to come on over, so we did,” Adam recalled.
“Detroit is an eclectic, diverse place, and a scene where a group of hip-hop kids and a mostly white bridal party [are] yucking it up isn’t that surprising to me at all,” Adam said in conclusion. “Detroit is always full of surprises.”
One of the surprises must be how quickly the hoax caught on with all types of different news outlets!
A Detroit bride had a few more guests than she anticipated after sending a text message to the wrong number.
Always check your contacts before sending out a mass text–especially if you’re using it to invite people to your wedding. People.com reports that a woman named Kristen made the hilarious mistake of inviting a total stranger to her big day/bbq.
One of the recipients was a bit confused by the mass message, and rightfully so! The bride had sent the text to the wrong number. She rescinded the invitation, but it was already too late because the mystery guest was an anticipating a good time.
It didn’t matter to the wedding crashers that the invite wasn’t necessarily meant for them. One of them even replied with, “We still coming.”
And they did! While it’s not clear which of the young men had sent the original reply, he was rolling deep to the wedding! He didn’t just come with one or two friends. Oh no! Him and seven of his homies came out to celebrate the nuptials and jumped in the wedding photos.
As thoroughly entertaining as this has been for the Internet (we’re expecting a flood of memes any day now), there are only two ways to deal with wedding crashers.
Brides magazines that you just let the uninvited guests stick around for the festivities if you know them. Sometimes people forget to send their RSVPs and show up anyway. In this case, it would be awesome luck, if you were having a buffet style reception. If not, it’s not sweat for you, anyway. Caterers only plan for certain number of plates according to head count you provide, but many do prepare extra food (enough to cover five or 10 percent more guests) just in case.
If you don’t know the wedding crashers (and don’t want them there), Brides suggests that you find your biggest, toughest guests and have them escort the strangers out of your celebration. If the wedding crasher happens to be Serena Williams, though, you may to just roll with it.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30