Race scholar, civil rights activist, humanitarian, and talk show radio host Rush Limbaugh (pictured) wants everyone – particularly Attorney General Eric Holder – to shut up about certain opposition to President Barack Obama being fueled by racism.
Speaking with ABC News, Holder addressed the role race plays when it comes to treatment of him and President Obama and their respective predecessors.
“There’s a certain level of vehemence, it seems to me, that’s directed at me [and] directed at the President. You know, people talking about taking their country back. … There’s a certain racial component to this for some people. I don’t think this is the thing that is a main driver, but for some there’s a racial animus.”
Following Holder’s interview with ABC News, Limbaugh – who has made millions off of racists who don’t like to be called “racists” – said Holder’s remarks are simply “not true.” If anything, Limbaugh seemed to insinuate Holder ought to be grateful to Republicans because they appeased President Obama by supporting Holder’s nomination.
I’m over here cackling like “Madea” at a cookout right now.
In any event, Limbaugh claimed, “The Republicans bent themselves into as many shapes as they could to agree with this President. They went out of the way to praise Holder’s nomination. I’ll never forget that.”
Considering Limbaugh’s penchant for distortion as well as his noted past recreational activities, I’d rather not rely on Limbaugh’s memory.
While Holder did receive a unanimous vote in 1997, when he was appointed Deputy Attorney General, 21 Republican senators voted against his nomination as Attorney General in 2009. And as Neil A. Lewis reported in the New York Times at the time, there were Republicans who wanted to give Holder a much harder confirmation process.
Still, Limbaugh went on to say, “All of these so-called conservative media types praising the nomination of Eric Holder, and all they were doing, they didn’t mean it, because it wasn’t a good nomination. They were simply trying to curry favor and say, ‘See, we’re not racists. See, we’re not bigots. See, we’re not prejudiced or any of this stuff.’”
Well, right wing news site Town Hall addressed Holder’s nomination with the headline “Obama Nominates Cop Killer Advocate to Head DOJ Civil Rights Division.” They called him a “racist” too…naturally. Meanwhile, the Heritage Foundation addressed their criticism of Holder more soberly, but nonetheless, said they were not elated with Obama’s choice to head the Department of Justice either.
More importantly, Limbaugh has a dimwitted understanding of how racism works: It is not a Black and White issue nor can saying, “See! I voted for a Black!” discount the possibility that you can still harbor racial prejudices. Funny enough, Limbaugh claimed that Holder was “playing the role of victim.” Meanwhile, he feigns victimhood time and time again for being called on his racist, sexist, and occasionally homophobic banter on radio.
Mind you, this is all in defense of the party that’s actively making it harder for people to vote while enabling a certain key voting bloc to give hell to immigrant children in search of a better way of life.
That said, I’m impressed that Rush Limbaugh can confidently continue to speak like he’s still high all the time, but far more appreciative of Eric Holder for speaking truth about what many of us can plainly see.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30