Four-year-old Abby is solely responsible for foiling her babysitter, boyfriend, and his friend’s alleged plot to rob her home of valuables then blame the invasion on Black men. Thanks to the pint-sized smartie, who informed the Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office in Bellingham, Wash., that the culprits were in fact White and not the innocent Black neighbor Cody Oaks police arrested, he was released, according to Q13 Fox.
Reportedly, the unnamed trio, Abby’s babysitter, who is 17 years old and White schemed with her 16-year-old boyfriend, and 18-year-old Ruben J. Benjamin to break in to Abby’s home, rob it, then blame the heist on armed Black men.
When talking with police, the babysitter then went on to specifically paint the portrait of a man who coincidentally resembled Oaks, a next door neighbor of Abby’s and her family.
After police approached Oaks, they placed him in cuffs and took him down for questioning at the sheriff’s office.
When investigators spoke to Abby about the crime, though, she quickly set the facts straight: The little preschooler told the officers that the men had white NOT black skin. The little tyke then went on to tell Q13 Fox how the men “told us to get out of the house ’cause they wanted to steal stuff. The bad guys stole my kitty bank, they stole my iPod,” revealed Abby.
“I thinked about – that was really – that was really her being bad. She’s not a good babysitter.”
When the investigators again interrogated the babysitter, she began to buckle under pressure and admitted to the caper.
Watch news coverage of this incident here:
Oaks, who is grateful the little girl rescued him from a bad fate, is naturally upset that the babysitter could have ruined his life by siccing sheriff’s investigators on his trail for a crime he did not commit, “It’s kind of sad because I don’t think she realizes the dangerous situation she put me in.”
As far as Abby’s belongings, they were returned and Abby’s mom is super proud of her stating, “Literally in 30 seconds, she changed everything that had been going on for five, six hours,” she pointed out to Q13 Fox.
Meanwhile, the “babysitter’s club three” were all arrested and are looking at charges of robbery, burglary, and perjury counts.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading 4-Year-Old Girl Foils Babysitter’s Lies About Black Men Invading Her Home