I had a great time with some amazing men last week in Dallas at my Men’s Panel “Why Do Men Look but Don’t Leap? I wish you were there because they shared some real nuggets.
These men, both married and single, spoke from their hearts and souls honestly about want they want, what they’ve learned, and about how they really feel.
Take a look at the video snippet.
Trust me, there’s more to see and more to come. So stay tuned and hopefully you can make the next event. In the meantime, here are 3 tips they shared about how to tune into a man and get his attention:
I asked: What is one key thing that men want from women?
LISTEN: “It’s really hard for women to be quiet”. That’s hard to hear I know, but it is the consensus amongst the probably hundreds of men that I’ve asked over the years and, trust me, it becomes a big topic during every panel. Personally, I am a woman that always has something to say but, lately I’ve been trying to listen and learn more. It’s working.
For instance, one very important piece of advice the men gave last weekend, and that I’ve been implementing, is to listen to a man, especially in the beginning when you go out on the date. Instead of telling him too much about you, your likes, dislikes, heart breaks and the like; let him tell you more. Here’s the secret these men all co-signed on: When you tell a man too much too soon, the only thing you are doing is giving them the strategic formula on how to approach you. Men like directions, so he will tailor his approach to you based on what you share. If your last man did not call you a lot, that’s what they will do to get what they want. But unfortunately for you, they may not be authentic, just strategic.
Instead, learn to listen to him. Give him your attention and make him feel special. As for you, share a little but keep them guessing. Men are predators and like to chase.
DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT: As women we have a lot of rules about what we will and won’t do. Even something as simple as buying a man a drink will get his attention. Why? Because depending on the circumstances these men have explained they are less likely to offer a drink to a woman when out socially. And while this irritates me for several reasons, I listened (Don’t worry, I’ll blog about my feelings later). I listened, not only because I wanted to hear what they had to say, but because when demonstrated, I’ve actually seen it work effectively.
Here’s some of what they said:
• We might not see you: If you’re out and about in a crowd, you may see the man of your dreams, at least for the moment, but he may not see you. Men are lookers and they generally have plenty of stimuli all around to distract them. If you want to get him to focus on you, send him a drink followed by a soft smile. You will have his attention.
• We are tired of being used: For the woman who goes out to the bar and drinks water even though she wants wine, guess what? If you’re sitting pretty waiting for a man to buy you a drink only, they know this and they said they’re getting tired of it.
• We don’t want to get labeled: Again if you’re out socially, let’s say with your girls, and a guy walks over to you to speak or offer you a drink, he’s left feeling awkward or obligated to buy a drink for your friends. Also, the guys shared that they’ve learned to take their time before approaching a woman because fortunately for them they have a lot of options to choose from. But more specifically, if they approach someone and she rejects him, all of the other women see that. Not only does he not like rejection, but he knows that if he notices another woman and approaches afterwards, if she saw him get turned down more than likely she’s going to feel like the second choice and since nobody likes that, she’ll shoot him down too. Now he’s stuck feeling like he can’t talk to anybody else because he’ll get labeled as “that guy”.
Sign up for the Deya Direct newsletter at www.Deyadirect.net to find out the third tip and more. It’s a big one!
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30