NEW YORK (AP) — A hotel where someone recorded security video appearing to show Beyonce‘s sister, Solange Knowles, attacking Jay Z inside an elevator said Wednesday it had identified and fired the person.

The Standard Hotel said the person had been terminated for “breaching the security polices of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video.”

Celebrity website TMZ posted the 3-minute video on Monday and said it was shot last week inside a Standard Hotel elevator.

The video appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence. A security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week. There is no audio.

The hotel said after the video was first aired that it was “shocked and disappointed” by the security breach. It said Wednesday that it will turn over “all available information to criminal authorities.”

Representatives for Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange haven’t commented on the video and didn’t reply to emails sent Wednesday seeking comment.

Jay Z and Beyonce, who were married in 2008, will kick off their co-headlining “On the Run Tour” on June 25 in Miami.

Solange recently performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, where Beyonce joined her onstage.

(Photo Source: PR Photos)

18 thoughts on “Hotel Fires Person Who Recorded Jay Z Attack Video

1. Jazzdancer on said:

Man it used to be, next to a toilette stall, the elevator was the one place you felt safe doing very human things like picking your nose, scratching your balls and your butt, adjusting your tits in a bra, and taking a fart. No more, you may find yourself on evening news making a loud and continuing fart sound. And, God, don’t grab a behind not your own. Now, where is a guy supposed to go to break wind.

2. Jacquelynn4 on said:

I’m not a fan of either of them, but having seen the tape, seems to me that both Jay Z and Beyonce were very smart in doing absolutely nothing. Obviously they were fully aware that there were cameras in the elevator (who doesn’t know that?) and knew the potential fallout if they joined in the raucous. I’m sure they are now more than relieved that they kept cool heads and did nothing given what has occurred.

3. Camella Jenkins on said:

Camera’s in hotel elevators and hospitals is nothing new, it’s called public safety. The next time you’er in an elevator as such “smile you’re on candid camera”. I’m sure they saw/knew a camera was there, the camera’s are always visible. The security employee didn’t care about getting fired, they made more money leaking the tape than what the hotel was paying.

• Yep. They TMZ probably paid more than they make in a couple of years. Solange should be really happy those cameras were there.

4. I don’t care what happened…Solange had no right whatsoever to attack Jay Z like that….and shame on Beyonce for not defending her husband against that animal..and for not coming between them to stop her out-of-control sister from attacking her husband. The only stand-up person in that elevator was Jay Z who not only resisted the urge to do what comes natural, but to avoid any further confrontation. Solange’s credibility is SHOT in my book…I don’t care how many photo shoots she does, she will ALWAYS be remembered for that ghetto display in the elevator. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop posting cutesy cutesy pics of you and your sister. ITS FALSE ADVERTISING.

5. Diamondgrrl55 on said:

The person who sent it to tmz I’m sure knew they would be fired but on the brighter side for them they got money out of the situation I’m sure!!! So they are not to worried I’m sure and hopefully they will spend there money wisely because if the reason why they are fired is on record there chances of another security position is slim lol. Most likely they will blow the money though. As for the motel company I do feel bad for them cause it makes there business look bad and as for jay and bey it sucks they business got put out like that. As for solange be careful what you do in public cause it could go viral but she is getting a lot of attention for this. So hey it may help her out for the moment.

6. RENO2AC on said:

Jay Z didn’t have to tell them to fire the person. The person knew without a shadow of a doubt the he or she would get fired, but they thought it was well worth it. I’m sure TMZ paid a mini-fortune for the tape.

7. The real shame in all of this is: Folks made jokes about him being weak and Bey not doing anything…well I’m no fan of either and I’m not going to speak as to why she did nothing …However JZ is no fool and I respect him for not hitting her…lest we have another Chris Brown and RIRI upgraded….this world has become insensitive and money hungry…someone could be getting beat to death ….instead of using their phones for help NOOOOOO it must be recorded till the death and posted, Even some of the so called Pranks….there will be a day when someone gets killed..because of the nonsense of a supposed joke…good grief…yeah I know m ranting🙂 Have a Safe day!

• Joe Camel is not fool. He knew there were cameras in the elevator. Had there not been, Solange would have gotten her face mugged like the little sister who was silly enough to get in front of Ol’ Joltin’ Joe and tried to get an autograph. He’s not above boxing a sister. Check out the video.

• Janet Reeder…I agree with you wholeheartedly. the shame IS that people are saying J should have defended himself. Obviously they don’t read the papers otherwise they would know….like any man (Jay included) knows…that a woman can act like an out of control animal (Solange) all day long…but if that man would strike her back one time…she could/would go crying to the police and anyone who would listen, that that man hit her. There is a clear double-standard out there and every man knows it….and many women do to…thats why they do these types of things. I think Jay should sue Solange but I know he won’t. She has disgrased herself tremendously with that display…that will be out there in the universe forever….Solange…are you ready for your son to see your ghetto behavior. Shame on you and shame on your sister (yes, I lost respect for Beyonce too) for not doing more to calm the situation. Clearly, she was not in her husband’s corner.

8. I said it. on said:

When I go to a hotel I EXPECT privacy. That’s the bottom line. You don’t have to be famous for a person to be fired for leaking footage of you when you are patronizing a nice establishment. The hotel stands to lose a lot of money.