Funnyman Chris Rock has just been announced as the host of the 2014 BET Awards, airing Sunday, June 29th at 8pm ET on BET from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, CA.
“I watch the BET Awards every year. It’s one of my favorite award shows combining people from movies, sports, TV and music,” said Chris Rock. “Where else can you get Rick Ross and Michelle Obama in the same room?! The BET Awards is like a party where nothing is off limits.”
The Emmy and Grammy award winner will join the long list of comedians that have hosted the music and entertainment awards show in the past.
“We’ve been trying to make this happen for a VERY long while, and we’re ecstatic that Chris Rock will be the host of the BET Awards for the first time,” Stephen Hill, President of Music Programming and Specials at BET said.
Rock’s pasts accomplishments include hosting the 77th Annual Academy Awards in 2005, as well as the MTV Video Music Awards in 1999 and 2003. His debut book, ‘Rock This’, spent time on both The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.
Do you think he’ll make for a good host? What topics do you want to see covered? Who would you like to see host the show in the future?
2013 BET Awards Hits and Misses
1. Taraji P. Henson: HIT1 of 21
2. Michael B. Jordan: HIT2 of 21
3. Angela Bassett: MISS; Gabrielle Union: HIT3 of 21
4. Nicki Minaj: HIT4 of 21
5. Janelle Monae: MISS5 of 21
6. Miguel: HIT6 of 21
7. Gabrielle Douglas: HIT7 of 21
8. Beverly Johnson: HIT8 of 21
9. Nia Long: Hit9 of 21
10. J. Cole: MISS10 of 21
11. Kendrick Lamar: HIT11 of 21
12. Amber Rose: MISS; Wiz Khalifa: MISS12 of 21
13. Ciara: HIT13 of 21
14. Trinidad James: MISS14 of 21
15. Dwyane Wade: HIT; Gabrielle Union: HIT15 of 21
16. Chris Paul & Wife: HITS16 of 21
17. Future: MISS17 of 21
18. Jamie Foxx: HIT18 of 21
19. Snoop Dogg: HIT19 of 21
20. Chris Tucker: MISS20 of 21
21. Wayne Brady: HIT21 of 21
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: PR Photos)