Hannah Stouffer, who was adopted at birth, has wanted most of her life to meet the woman who gave birth to her. One day a lightbulb went off that she could utilize Twitter and Facebook to help in her quest, and according to KCCI, it worked!
In three days, the 19-year-old Des Moines, Iowa, resident claims she received an overwhelming responses from social media sites concerning the whereabouts of her birth Mom. Stouffer told KCCI, “I felt like I was going to throw up, like I wanted to scream,” said the pretty teen. “It was within three days, 50,000 people. Within an hour, I had over 5,000 retweets. I have over hundreds of shares on Facebook,” Stouffer said. “The next day, it was on KCCI.”
The Grand View University freshman, who also has a 1-year-old daughter, posted a picture of herself accompanied by the following plea:
“My name is Hannah. I was born April 12, 1995, at Des Moines Hospital, Iowa. My birth mom was 15 years old … I was adopted through a closed adoption and am trying to find my birth mom. I just want to meet her.”
Three days later, Nicole Reneir (pictured top left) responded to Stouffer’s plea, telling her that she was indeed her mother. “I didn’t believe it at first, and then she was asking different questions, and then she…asked her who delivered me, and she told me the name of the doctor,” Stouffer told KCCI. The teen then went on to ask the woman something that no one else would be privy to, “I asked her if she left me anything, and she said, ‘Yes, a blanket and an outfit.’”
Bingo! Stouffer then knew Reneir was in fact her birth Mom.
According to the Des Moines Register, Stouffer, who was beyond the moon with excitement and anticipation, says she and Reneir, who also lives in Des Moines, met over the weekend at a coffee shop. The meeting was fueled by overwhelming emotions and unmeasured surprise at how similar they both are in looks, mannerisms, and speech patterns. “We both love to sing, and she told me how picky of an eater she is,” said Stouffer. “She doesn’t like her food to touch. My food can’t touch either. I was like, Wow, that’s really crazy.”
Reneir gave birth to Stouffer at the tender age of 15 then went on to have another daughter a few years later. Stouffer met her sister and a step-sister at the touching reunion.
Stouffer, who finally no longer has to wonder where her features come from, is ecstatic about her newfound family, telling the Des Moines Register, “I don’t feel that empty feeling anymore.”
Reneir, who also met Stouffer’s adoptive parents, realized that she had made the right decision when she gave her child up with the hopes that her daughter could have a better life.
Now Renier and Stouffer are indeed a family, and the birth Mom has changed her Facebook photo to reflect her newfound joy with a caption that reads:
‘Today has been an amazing day! I was reunited with a piece of my heart that I never thought I’d find again! I feel like a brand new person! My heart is on the mend and I’m overflowing with joy!!!” she added. ‘Thank GOD for her wonderful parents! Hannah is magnificent!”
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Social Media Helps Adopted Teen Find Birth Mom In Three Days