Hannah Stouffer, who was adopted at birth, has wanted most of her life to meet the woman who gave birth to her. One day a lightbulb went off that she could utilize Twitter and Facebook to help in her quest, and according to KCCI, it worked!
In three days, the 19-year-old Des Moines, Iowa, resident claims she received an overwhelming responses from social media sites concerning the whereabouts of her birth Mom. Stouffer told KCCI, “I felt like I was going to throw up, like I wanted to scream,” said the pretty teen. “It was within three days, 50,000 people. Within an hour, I had over 5,000 retweets. I have over hundreds of shares on Facebook,” Stouffer said. “The next day, it was on KCCI.”
The Grand View University freshman, who also has a 1-year-old daughter, posted a picture of herself accompanied by the following plea:
“My name is Hannah. I was born April 12, 1995, at Des Moines Hospital, Iowa. My birth mom was 15 years old … I was adopted through a closed adoption and am trying to find my birth mom. I just want to meet her.”
Three days later, Nicole Reneir (pictured top left) responded to Stouffer’s plea, telling her that she was indeed her mother. “I didn’t believe it at first, and then she was asking different questions, and then she…asked her who delivered me, and she told me the name of the doctor,” Stouffer told KCCI. The teen then went on to ask the woman something that no one else would be privy to, “I asked her if she left me anything, and she said, ‘Yes, a blanket and an outfit.’”
Bingo! Stouffer then knew Reneir was in fact her birth Mom.
According to the Des Moines Register, Stouffer, who was beyond the moon with excitement and anticipation, says she and Reneir, who also lives in Des Moines, met over the weekend at a coffee shop. The meeting was fueled by overwhelming emotions and unmeasured surprise at how similar they both are in looks, mannerisms, and speech patterns. “We both love to sing, and she told me how picky of an eater she is,” said Stouffer. “She doesn’t like her food to touch. My food can’t touch either. I was like, Wow, that’s really crazy.”
Reneir gave birth to Stouffer at the tender age of 15 then went on to have another daughter a few years later. Stouffer met her sister and a step-sister at the touching reunion.
Stouffer, who finally no longer has to wonder where her features come from, is ecstatic about her newfound family, telling the Des Moines Register, “I don’t feel that empty feeling anymore.”
Reneir, who also met Stouffer’s adoptive parents, realized that she had made the right decision when she gave her child up with the hopes that her daughter could have a better life.
Now Renier and Stouffer are indeed a family, and the birth Mom has changed her Facebook photo to reflect her newfound joy with a caption that reads:
‘Today has been an amazing day! I was reunited with a piece of my heart that I never thought I’d find again! I feel like a brand new person! My heart is on the mend and I’m overflowing with joy!!!” she added. ‘Thank GOD for her wonderful parents! Hannah is magnificent!”
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Social Media Helps Adopted Teen Find Birth Mom In Three Days