Wow…this story just took on a whole different twist. Love & Hip Hop Atlanta’s Benzino spoke to the Boston Globe and told them about what he remembers of the events leading up to being shot.
Benzino says he had planned to skip his mother’s funeral Saturday because he had hoped to avoid trouble stemming from a festering family feud, but trouble found him anyway.
“Because of a bitter family fight over finances and the care of my deceased mother I decided not to attend the funeral. Instead, I mourned her privately earlier Saturday at the funeral home where the wake was held.
I didn’t want to be around them. I felt like, I didn’t want any problems. I can love my mother and there doesn’t have to be no problems with family.”
Benzino told the Globe he was driving south on Route 3 to meet a friend in Plymouth when he happened upon his mother’s procession.
“I looked over, there was a car, and all I saw was a gun shooting at me. I was trying to duck and dodge, drive around it, maneuver the car. … I was bleeding a lot. I was driving with my thumb in my shoulder to try to stop the bleeding.
After being shot in the upper arm and back I stopped the car, got out, and ran away on foot. A moment later, another relative driving in the procession stopped to pick me up then brought me to the Duxbury Police station.”
He thanked Duxbury firefighters, whom he credited with saving his life.
“Those guys were super, super nice and helpful. I was in pain, and they were trying to keep me calm.”
Martin Leppo, Benzino’s lawyer, said he expected him to be discharged from the South Shore Hospital on Monday.
Zino opted not to specifically speak about Gai Scott saying he preferred to let law enforcement handle the matter.
He told the Globe he was stunned the family feud escalated to the point of violence though saying he had given thousands of dollars to the relatives involved.
“Money, jealousy, and envy, destroy family relationships. You hear about these things, but you never think it could happen to you. At the end of the day, my mom was in my corner. Who knows what would have happened if she wasn’t in my corner?”
Again we say…WOW! The alleged shooter Gai Scott is reportedly going to be arraigned tomorrow.
Stay Tuned because we have a feeling there is a whole lot more going on with this story. In fact…if Love & Hip Hop cameras were in the area and ROLLING while this happened…then we really…truly think….there is a lot more to this story.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25