Wow…this story just took on a whole different twist. Love & Hip Hop Atlanta’s Benzino spoke to the Boston Globe and told them about what he remembers of the events leading up to being shot.
Benzino says he had planned to skip his mother’s funeral Saturday because he had hoped to avoid trouble stemming from a festering family feud, but trouble found him anyway.
“Because of a bitter family fight over finances and the care of my deceased mother I decided not to attend the funeral. Instead, I mourned her privately earlier Saturday at the funeral home where the wake was held.
I didn’t want to be around them. I felt like, I didn’t want any problems. I can love my mother and there doesn’t have to be no problems with family.”
Benzino told the Globe he was driving south on Route 3 to meet a friend in Plymouth when he happened upon his mother’s procession.
“I looked over, there was a car, and all I saw was a gun shooting at me. I was trying to duck and dodge, drive around it, maneuver the car. … I was bleeding a lot. I was driving with my thumb in my shoulder to try to stop the bleeding.
After being shot in the upper arm and back I stopped the car, got out, and ran away on foot. A moment later, another relative driving in the procession stopped to pick me up then brought me to the Duxbury Police station.”
He thanked Duxbury firefighters, whom he credited with saving his life.
“Those guys were super, super nice and helpful. I was in pain, and they were trying to keep me calm.”
Martin Leppo, Benzino’s lawyer, said he expected him to be discharged from the South Shore Hospital on Monday.
Zino opted not to specifically speak about Gai Scott saying he preferred to let law enforcement handle the matter.
He told the Globe he was stunned the family feud escalated to the point of violence though saying he had given thousands of dollars to the relatives involved.
“Money, jealousy, and envy, destroy family relationships. You hear about these things, but you never think it could happen to you. At the end of the day, my mom was in my corner. Who knows what would have happened if she wasn’t in my corner?”
Again we say…WOW! The alleged shooter Gai Scott is reportedly going to be arraigned tomorrow.
Stay Tuned because we have a feeling there is a whole lot more going on with this story. In fact…if Love & Hip Hop cameras were in the area and ROLLING while this happened…then we really…truly think….there is a lot more to this story.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31