NEW YORK (AP) — Robin Roberts is taking on some night work as a guest judge on ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars.”
The “Good Morning America” anchor will appear on the show next Monday alongside the regular panelists. She’s the first of several guest judges scheduled this season, including Ricky Martin and Redfoo from the band LMFAO.
Roberts’ appearance advances an already tight relationship between the two shows. “Good Morning America” usually gets a ratings boost when contenders from “Dancing With the Stars” appear for interviews, a big help in its own competition with the “Today” show.
Let us know your thoughts, will you be tuned in to watch Robin on DWTS?
Robin Roberts Through the Years
1. 1. Robin Roberts is the youngest of four children. Her father was a pilot with the Tuskegee Airmen.1 of 8
2. 2. Roberts grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi, where she played basketball and tennis. (AP)2 of 8
3. 3. Roberts attended Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, Louisiana. (PRPhotos)3 of 8
4. 4. Roberts began her career in 1983 as a sports anchor and reporter in Hattiesburg, Miss. (PRPhotos)4 of 8
5. 5. She was a sports anchor and reporter at WAGA-TV in Atlanta & a radio host for radio station V-103. (Retna)5 of 8
6. 6. She joined ESPN as a sportscaster in February 1990 and became known for her catchphrase, "Go on with your bad self!" (PRPhotos)6 of 8
7. 7. On July 31, 2007, Roberts announced on Good Morning America that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. (AP)7 of 8
8. 8. On June 11, 2012, Roberts announced that she has myelodysplastic syndrome. She continues her recovery. (AP)8 of 8
(Photo Source: PR Photos)