A Miami-Dade County toddler was shot in the head during a drive-by outside his home early Sunday morning, but, amazingly, he survived. The child, nicknamed “Shabba,” was being carried around outside of the home by his grandfather, who was trying to lull him back to sleep when a car pulled up to the residence and sprayed it with bullets, according to NBC News 6.
Shabba was struck by one of the stray bullets on the top of his head. The child’s dad, Andre Davis, 30, who had been sitting in his vehicle when the incident occurred, was grazed by another bullet.
Shabba was rushed to a nearby hospital. Davis was treated for his minor injury right at the scene of the incident and released. Even though Shabba had to undergo emergency surgery to remove the bullet from right along his skull, according to doctors, he is expected to make a full recovery.
Shabba’s grandmother, Truda Hanna, (pictured above) is grateful that her grandson is alive, which she says is a miracle. “He went in healthy, and he’s coming back out healthy, only with the scar of a removed bullet,” Hanna said. “Miracles happen every day, and that was a miracle in there.”
Figuring out whom could have opened fire with a young child present is for the Miami-Dade Police Department to find out. Hanna added that whomever the culprits are who shot at her young grandson had to be heartless. “Anybody that can open fire when there’s a baby around, they don’t have no remorse, they don’t have a heart at all, and I just want him brought to justice, that’s all,” said the enraged grandmother.
Shabba is sedated and the doctors treating him expect the pint-sized miracle to make a full recovery.
Meanwhile, Miami-Dade County law enforcement are looking for a white or silver Infiniti four-door sedan, possibly the vehicle the perpetrators used to escape the scene of the shooting. Officials are still investigating possible motives for the shooting.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading 2-Year-Old Boy Shot In The Head During Drive-By Survives!