Marcus Jeter (pictured) was facing very serious charges and years behind bars after Bloomfield, N. J. police officers allegedly falsified charges against him. Thankfully, a dashcam video cleared Jeter of all of the alleged crimes, such as trying to elude police, resisting arrest and assaulting an officer, according to WABC-TV.
Jeter’s story began when police were called to the home he shares with his girlfriend. After speaking with the officers, no charges were filed and the policemen left the premises. Not long after the officers left Jeter’s residence, he hopped into his car and got on an expressway. As Jeter rode along the road, he suddenly spotted flashing lights behind him, so he pulled over. The officers emerged from their vehicles with weapons drawn and cautiously approached the 30-year-old man’s vehicle.
Jeter put his hands up as directed by the officers but did not immediately exit his car. The young man told ABC-TV’s Sarah Wallace in an exclusive interview that he did not get out of his car for fear of being shot. “There was a cop on my right with a gun, a cop on the other side with a shotgun…I’m afraid I might get shot,” Jeter said.
As soon as one officer opened Jeter’s car door, he reportedly struck him in the face and about the head repeatedly, as he was unfastening his seatbelt. Officers are also seen yelling at Jeter to stop resisting arrest, yet the young man is doing nothing at all. Jeter told Wallace, “All I keep saying is that I’m not doing anything.” The officers are then captured handcuffing Jeter and hitting him across his back.
As far as eluding the officers, Jeter pulled over as soon as he saw the flashing lights. Before the tape was produced, Jeter was facing five years in prison. The Bloomfield police department’s internal affairs division had “investigated” Jeter’s case before the tape was produced and had found no wrongdoing by the officers involved.
After the film was viewed, Jeter was cleared of all the alleged charges against him. The officers involved, however, are facing serious charges. Officer Orlando Trinidad, the most prominently featured policeman in the video, was charged with aggravated assault, falsifying reports, conspiracy and official misconduct; he has pleaded not guilty.
Police Officer Sean Cotter was charged with conspiracy, falsifying reports and official misconduct; he has also pleaded not guilty.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25