Boxing promoter Damon Feldman is doing a rope-a-dope with Trayvon Martin supporters and the media, backpedaling on his decision to cancel the fight between George Zimmerman and DMX.

Feldman says the decision is “confusing,” and he will let everyone know his decision at a press conference scheduled for Tuesday.

——————————————————————-

Boxing promoter Damon Feldman has canceled the boxing match between George Zimmerman and rapper DMX amidst growing controversy and backlash from the Black community.

The “celebrity” boxing promoter tweeted his decision early Saturday afternoon:

As previously reported by NewsOne, Feldman canceled the press conference that was scheduled for Friday, but assured observers that the fight would go on and a press conference would happen prior to the fight.

Common sense and decency prevailed.

So far, a Change.org petition urging Feldman to stop the fight has amassed 97,000 signatures.

 

Also On Black America Web:

4 thoughts on “Promoter Backpedals Zimmerman, DMX Boxing Match Cancelled

  1. HiPower on said:

    That is what needed to happen. We as black people should not pay attention to this non sense. He killed one ours. We should not promote him in anyway.

Add Your Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s