Woody Allen Molestation Claims Renewed By Adopted Daughter

Comments: Comments Are Disabled  | Leave A Comment
  • advertisement
  • NEW YORK (AP) — Dylan Farrow renewed molestation allegations against Woody Allen, claiming the movie director sexually assaulted her when she was 7 after he and actress Mia Farrow adopted her.

    In an open letter to The New York Times posted online Saturday, Dylan Farrow recalled several events from her childhood. In a letter to op-ed columnist Nicholas Kristof, she said she was moved to speak out because of Hollywood’s continued embrace of Allen.

    “That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up,” Farrow wrote. “I was stricken with guilt that I had allowed him to be near other little girls.”

    Representatives for Allen and his former partner Mia Farrow didn’t return requests for comment from The Associated Press. The Times reported that Allen declined to comment. He has long maintained his innocence.

    In the letter, Dylan Farrow claims that in 1992 at the family’s Connecticut home, Allen led her to a “dim, closet-like attic” and “then he sexually assaulted me.” Farrow didn’t specify Allen’s actions, but she described other abusive behavior.

    Farrow said Allen would have her get in bed with him and at other times “place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out.”

    “For as long as I could remember, my father had been doing things to me that I didn’t like,” Farrow said. “These things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she known, that I thought it was normal.”

    Allen was investigated on child molestation claims for the 1992 accusation in Connecticut, but prosecutors elected not to charge him.

    The handling of the investigation was criticized after Litchfield County state attorney Frank S. Maco said in a press conference that he believed Allen had molested Farrow but decided against charging him to avoid a traumatic trial for the young girl. A disciplinary panel found that Maco may have prejudiced the ongoing custody battle between Allen and Mia Farrow by making an accusation without formal charges.

    Maco, who retired in 2003, told the AP on Sunday that the statute of limitations on Dylan Farrow’s accusations ran out at least 15 years ago. He said he hopes Farrow was able to watch his news conference and read his statement about his decision not to prosecute Allen.

    1 2 Next page »

    Tags: » » » »

    • More Related Content

    Follow

    Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

    Join 2,003 other followers