Three days after burying her 13-year-old son, Dinyal New‘s grief intensified when her 19-year-old son was gunned down just blocks from their home, reports ABC News.
“All my boys are gone,” said New, 41. “I’m numb. I am stunned. I am mad. I am angry and hurt. I hope that somebody please comes forward if they saw something to tell the police.”
New’s 13-year-old son Lee Weathersby III was gunned down on New Year’s Eve approximately one mile from their home. His older brother Lamar Broussard was shot and killed 19 days later a few blocks from their home in East Oakland.
No arrests have been made. An Oakland police spokesperson said the department is looking into the possibility that the slayings are linked.
Read more from ABC:
“They were good boys, both of them,” Lee Weathersby Jr., who is Lee Weathersby III’s father and Broussard’s stepfather, told the San Francisco Chronicle on Monday. “We’re not supposed to be burying our children. It’s supposed to be the other way around. They’re supposed to looking out for us.”
Lee Weathersby III, described by his mother as an avid basketball player and drummer for his school band, was shot on Dec. 31 as he walked home from a friend’s house after he attended a party at a nearby Boys & Girls Club.
On Sunday, Broussard and his childhood buddy, Derryck Harris, 19, were killed while riding in New’s Audi, his mother said. She said Broussard was going to pay her cellphone bill.
Broussard was a college student who aspired to be a musician and start his own business, New said. She added that the family had considered sending Broussard to live with a cousin after his younger brother was killed.
“But, he said, ‘Mom, you need me right now,’ ” New said, wiping away tears. “Lamar was just consoling me at his brother’s funeral — and now we have to bury him.”
Though emotions are high in their East Oakland neighborhood, New insists that she wants justice, not retaliation.
Read more at ABC News.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25