What info should be provided to law enforcement?
- A recent photograph of the missing person
- Physical description of the missing person including clothing description
- Where and when the person was last seen or heard from
- Personal information such as date of birth, names, nicknames
- Areas that this person hangs out or works
- Relatives information
- History of missing in the past (runaway) or drug use, mental health issues
What do I do after a report has been filed?
- Obtain the name and contact information of the investigating officer
- Obtain a copy of the police report and report number
- Contact law enforcement with any follow up information or leads you may have
- Keep in contact with the investigating agency
BAMFI has also put together a ‘Missing Persons Checklist’ to assist with the process.
About Black and Missing Foundation Inc.:
Black and Missing Foundation, Inc (BAM FI) is established as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, by a veteran law enforcement official and public relations specialist, whose mission is to bring awareness to missing persons of color; provide vital resources and tools to missing person’s families and friends; and to provide educational training on personal safety.BAM FI offers a free clearinghouse, which highlights profiles and information on missing persons of color, nationally. Profiles of missingindividuals, throughout the nation, as well as news, information, and tips, can be found at BAM FI’s Web site: www.bamfi.org, Twitter: @BAM_FI or on Facebook (bamfiorg).