Theresa Anderson (pictured), a snaggle-toothed grandma who reportedly had one of the most profitable crack dealing businesses in Buffalo, N.Y., for over a dozen years, was arrested a year ago, along with her common-law husband, son, three daughters, two of the daughter’s boyfriends and a granddaughter.
And now that Anderson is about to be sentenced this week and is facing 17 1/2 years on conspiracy charges, the folks on her old block miss her immensely because they felt secure with her around, reports the New York Daily News.
Apparently, Anderson ran quite a 24-hour, 7-days a week, crackerjack, crack operation that allegedly involved employing a throng of family members and neighborhood folks to operate her drug-fueled mini-empire. According to police, the 58-year-old woman owned 10 houses in a dilapidated area. It was out of these homes that she allegedly ran her crack business.
Even though Anderson’s business tactics were reportedly cut-throat to the point of running out her competitors through intimidation and violence, she did, according to neighbors, keep the area prostitute-free, clean and safe for folks who lived there.
Anderson paid lookouts to keep police at bay, until a SWAT team swooped down on her crack business in February of last year and raided all of the homes she owned. Now the properties are abandoned and attract unwanted criminal activity.
The area residents who misses Anderson’s watchful eye even escalated their complaints to City Councilman DavidFranczyk whose district covers the crack dealer’s former haunt. He told the New York Daily News, “It’s a sad commentary. It’s like the old days of Prohibition when you looked for the mob to keep order on your street. … But it’s a false sense of security. She’s bringing criminals into the neighborhood.”
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!