On the Tom Joyner Morning Show we like to laugh, but our health is nothing to joke about. It isn’t funny that our audience suffers from many health conditions that could be improved, controlled and even eliminated with proper nutrition, exercise and health care.
We all know that this is true.
But, it’s time to do something about it!
Everyone knows someone who REALLY needs to tend to their health But they are either too scared, lazy or stubborn to make the effort. The Tom Joyner “Take A Loved One to the Doctor Day” campaign encourages us to take time and compassion to help someone we love get the health attention they need.
At the TJMS we’re all about empowering our audience by directing them toward areas that make a positive difference. “Take a Loved One to the Doctor” is a call to action that’s led to early detection of diseases and conditions causing people to change the way they live. It’s gone from one day to a year-round campaign so we can get the message out earlier and push the message longer. Each year we get testimonials of how “Take a Loved One to the Doctor” has raised awareness and in many cases indeed SAVED LIVES.
“Take a Loved One to the Doctor” is a consistent reminder for us to make being in good health a priority. At the end of the day, people are much more likely to go vote, attend PTA meetings, get educated and just get out and do more in the community when they’re feeling good. Nothing we try to accomplish through politics, entertainment, education or anything else matters more than us becoming healthier. Living healthy, active lives has got to become a priority and it all starts with one visit to the doctor.
We know the statistics and now it’s time to lower them. As African-Americans, we have higher rates of diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, obesity, stage 4 cancer. Going to the doctor is the first step, but the follow through is just as important and that includes managing our conditions. Companies like Walmart and Crest reach out to our community and make a difference.
Our friends at Walmart are committed to helping our community live better while keeping costs low. These aren’t just words. Check out some of the information on the website and you will understand why they and Crest Pro-Health are valued partners with “Take A Loved One to the Doctor.”
Be sure to check out the other health information on the website too because we’ve got to start making it a top priority to get regular check-ups every year in the African American community. We have to start taking better care of ourselves and get a jump on the health issues that keep plaguing our people. If you know someone that hasn’t been to the doctor in over a year, I’m asking you to go to their house, go to their job or go to their school – pick them up- make them call the doctor for an appointment and then drive them there.
Of all the promotions we’ve done in the past meant to help black people, this one is truly a lifesaver!
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell