Fox News host Bill O’Reilly is no stranger to offending a wide swath of people during his program, “The O’Reilly Factor.” And this time, his latest insult occurred while he was having a conversation with Reverend Jacques DeGraff, claiming that crime in the United States is at high numbers because of young African-American men.
The conversation took place Monday night, following an earlier discussion with actor LeVar Burton on Monday, whom which O’Reilly curiously refers to as “a good guy.” Continuing his “Race & Crime In America” segment, the host posted the question to Rev. DeGraff if he was wrong in stating, “[o]verwhelmingly, violent crime in this country is generated by young Black men.”
Rev. DeGraff responded that the numbers show that the numbers are about geography and where these young men reside. O’Reilly hit back with a statistic from 2011 that said 91 percent of all Blacks murdered that year were killed by their own people. Rev. DeGraff agreed that the sobering figure was extremely high, but contended that most violent crimes happen within the ethnic groups or social base of the victims.
O’Reilly, to his credit, supported Rev. DeGraff’s exasperation at the lack of coverage by major and minor news outlets on the crime epidemic happening in cities like Chicago, New York, and other major hubs of activity.
After some tense banter over the socioeconomic factors at play with crime and Black Americans, O’Reilly shifted his attention to the George Zimmerman trial.
The host suggested that because the Zimmerman case has dominated the news cycle, it is prompting liberal media and outlets to push the issue of Black-on-Black crime to the wayside. O’Reilly once again injected his opinion that Zimmerman will be acquitted of the murder of Trayvon Martin, and that Blacks will immediately riot in response.
Watch O’Reilly’s interview here:
It isn’t clear what crystal ball O’Reilly is peering in to with his guess that if Zimmerman walks, Black people will collectively destroy the city of Sanford. Of course, it’s easier to take the host’s comments as nothing more than the overreaching bombast he’s become rich and famous for.
However, O’Reilly plays a dangerous game of projecting violence during a time when tensions are high nationwide, especially in the Zimmerman case where nearly all the facts point to the idea that the night watchman clearly acted out of bounds.
Mr. O’Reilly’s schtick is to talk slick and sideways about Blacks and liberals, but this time, his words carry an especially irresponsible tone worthy of an outcry.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading Bill O’Reilly Says U.S. Crime High Because Of ‘Young Black Men’